2013-2014 Premiership Season Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deary me.

stats -
possesson 60/40 in arsenals favour
shots 10/5 in arsenals favour
shots on target 2/2

in the second half the grounds men could have re-turfed arsenals half .

oh and yeah , 2 stretchers on the pitch , 1 serious injury and 6 subs and only 3 minutes extra time . no wonder fergie needs to keep attending , as to hand out the brown envelopes without moyes's knowledge .

Lies, damned and statistics Gerald!

Go to a game and go to a concert. Football like music is about what happens when your there.

Also, read the papers and they will tell you that apart from a shot from Gibbs that I could have hit harder that was the sum total of the mighty Gunners.

Even if you had watched MOTD you will see the clear chance that Rooney fashioned for himself in the 2nd half that had it gone in the game would have been over.

It was comical to watch as I have said before Arsenal playing route 1 football for most of the second half realising their tick-tack had got them nowhere.

United have had a dreadful start to the season and us United fans are finding difficult to get used to Moyes' defensive approach on occasion as indicated by your statistics although you will no doubt be aware that the last team to stop Arsenal scoring was Everton under Moyes!

I am not in favour of Moyes appointment but I won't worry if I am proved wrong.

What was satisfying yesterday is that you can argue as many stats as you like you'll find there isn't room on the Premiership trophy for stats only for the name of the winner.

The sentence which begins "arsenal played route 1 football for most of the second half" is ridiculous and shows you up for the biased supporter you are and undermines all you have to say .

As it happens I support Oldham .

The game was of course live on TV , did your ticket have "restricted view" written on it ?

The sentence which begins "arsenal played route 1 football for most of the second half" is ridiculous and shows you up for the biased supporter you are and undermines all you have to say .

As it happens I support Oldham .

The game was of course live on TV , did your ticket have "restricted view" written on it ?

I sit in the row immediately in front of the Directors Box in South Stand and I am United's biggest critic.

I am not sure what game you were watching but the ABU Brigade are tiresome at the best of times.

I was also at Boundary Park when Oldham beat us 1-0 in the old second division. Were you?

nope i'm not old enough.

Neither is Robbie Savage but if you read his comments on the BBC website he refers in the second half to Arsenal having just 2 dangerous crosses ( there were others less dangerous that Bendtner was brought on for hence the reference to route 1 ) and United having the better chances re Smalling's "defender's" header without mentioning United's best chance of the game other than the goal when Rooney hooked it wide at the Stretford End.

Until I left to do my degree was the youngest guy ever to play for my village if your good enough your old enough.

nope i'm not old enough.

Neither is Robbie Savage but if you read his comments on the BBC website he refers in the second half to Arsenal having just 2 dangerous crosses ( there were others less dangerous that Bendtner was brought on for hence the reference to route 1 ) and United having the better chances re Smalling's "defender's" header without mentioning United's best chance of the game other than the goal when Rooney hooked it wide at the Stretford End.

Lies, damned and statistics Gerald!

Go to a game and go to a concert. Football like music is about what happens when your there.

Also, read the papers and they will tell you that apart from a shot from Gibbs that I could have hit harder that was the sum total of the mighty Gunners.

Even if you had watched MOTD you will see the clear chance that Rooney fashioned for himself in the 2nd half that had it gone in the game would have been over.

It was comical to watch as I have said before Arsenal playing route 1 football for most of the second half realising their tick-tack had got them nowhere.

United have had a dreadful start to the season and us United fans are finding difficult to get used to Moyes' defensive approach on occasion as indicated by your statistics although you will no doubt be aware that the last team to stop Arsenal scoring was Everton under Moyes!

I am not in favour of Moyes appointment but I won't worry if I am proved wrong.

What was satisfying yesterday is that you can argue as many stats as you like you'll find there isn't room on the Premiership trophy for stats only for the name of the winner.

You couldn't make it up, except you just have!

Route 1?

It simply didn't happen. Arsenals passing game came together quite well in the second half, especially in the final half an hour. This is easily verified by watching it again.

As for the thoughts of Mr savage, they're just not worth reading are they? but it's interesting to note what you draw upon to formulate your views.

BTW if you need to be there and stats are best ignored then how did you form your previous views on ozil? Do you attend the emirates or do you prefer to follow arsenal away?

Arsenal have fundamental problems that will most likely preclude success this year, but I wouldn't get too excited yet as a utd supporter.

Utd narrowly defeated a knackered side with a third of its team injured or with the squits, playing away after a gruelling away game to a team of much higher quality (Dortmund,) having had less rest than an almost full strength utd side fighting to keep a glimmer of hope alive.

Despite this, apart from picking the ball out of the net szesney had as little to do as de gea.

Still, keep it up and before you know it you'll get away from everton and soon be on southamptons tail.;)

The only important goal at the weekend was the penalty that Hazard scored, after Ramires was nastily tripped up by a WBA thug.

The 2 - 2 draw means that Chelsea continue to hold a League record for not losing at home while Mourinho has managed them.

We're a point closer to overtaking the Arses, who have peaked and are on the slide down.

Now that Eto'o has started scoring, we will be at the top of the Premier League by Xmas.

Jack

Ramires crumpled like a small child at the merest hint of shoulder to shoulder contact with Reid. Embarrassing.

You couldn't make it up, except you just have!

Route 1?

It simply didn't happen. Arsenals passing game came together quite well in the second half, especially in the final half an hour. This is easily verified by watching it again.

As for the thoughts of Mr savage, they're just not worth reading are they? but it's interesting to note what you draw upon to formulate your views.

BTW if you need to be there and stats are best ignored then how did you form your previous views on ozil? Do you attend the emirates or do you prefer to follow arsenal away?

Arsenal have fundamental problems that will most likely preclude success this year, but I wouldn't get too excited yet as a utd supporter.

Utd narrowly defeated a knackered side with a third of its team injured or with the squits, playing away after a gruelling away game to a team of much higher quality (Dortmund,) having had less rest than an almost full strength utd side fighting to keep a glimmer of hope alive.

Despite this, apart from picking the ball out of the net szesney had as little to do as de gea.

Still, keep it up and before you know it you'll get away from everton and soon be on southamptons tail.;)

Roman, you do make me laugh as you make excuses for your team.

It was huge game in which all waited to see whether your team flattered to deceive or delivered.

I have stated many times that whilst Arsene remains in charge,then Arsenal will not win a trophy anytime soon, I still stand by that statement.
Utd,a City and Chelsea have yet to perform to their best,Arsenal have been performing near peak for a while now,but with little back up from the bench,the title at least is still a long way off.
City with their billions should win the league,however that may be even out of their reach should the lose three or four more games,Chelsea blow hot and cold and it will be interesting if Jose is still there come seasons end if they remain potless.
Utd will continue to improve,but Liverpool remain the dark horses for the title,if the front two remain fit and continue to score then they won't be far off come seasons end.

Roman, you do make me laugh as you make excuses for your team.

It was huge game in which all waited to see whether your team flattered to deceive or delivered.

It was "huge game" for Utd, it was another possible 3 points for Arsenal, but the starting XI in that game were not the same XI that beat Liverpool or Dortmund.

Still the best team wins over 38 games and we're on top still which is what really matters in the league.

It was "huge game" for Utd, it was another possible 3 points for Arsenal, but the starting XI in that game were not the same XI that beat Liverpool or Dortmund.

Still the best team wins over 38 games and we're on top still which is what really matters in the league.

It was IMO a huge game for both teams for different reasons.

For United not to let Arsenal get too far ahead and for Arsenal to show if they could consign United to also-rans.

Arsenal failed.

United succeeded.

And your right about 38 games.

That's why were the Champions and your not.

England lost 0 - 2 to Chile. The team were mediocre, although Frank Lampard boosted spirits with a great 30-yard free kick which was acrobatically turned away by the keeper, Bravo.

SuperFrankie was presented with a commemorative gold cap for having played 100 England games, he managed the team and his daughters were mascots for the night. It's just a shame that they didn't win.

Frank got given his cap by his dad, Frank Snr, and Geoff Hurst, which was a nice touch.

Hodgson should have used Ashley Cole in defense instead of that chancer Leighton Baines.

Jack

Last night just confirmed what has been the case during every tournament I have ever seen England play which is that we have about 16 players at best. Stop bothering with the rest and just concentrate on getting that group ready for Brazil. If someone gets invited in the meantime. Tough. Whoever steps in won't be good enough no matter how many friendly games he plays in.

Despite normally hating all things ManYoo, I find myself looking forward to this http://gu.com/p/3khbm

Ferguson once said of himself that he was a lucky manager and he was in that as with the Ajax team sometimes a group of players come along and you can build 20 years around them.

How many Basques are in Barca?

Well there were half a dozen Mancs in United's team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back