advertisement

2013-2014 Premiership Season Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm convinced that once city realise they have to pay decent money for players and not the derisory amounts the are paying now.

The Germans and Spanish may claim the the Premiership is no longer the best but it is still the most exciting: 8 teams within 6 points at the top.

You can add Jones, Smalling, Cleverley, buttner, The diving cheat and Old uncle Tom Cobbley and all to that list.

Silva wasn't in the squad when City humiliated Utd again earlier this season.

If Arsenal don't end Utd's season later today I will be very surprised.

:D

keep 'em coming Bob!

And with a single bound Man U are once more in contention and Moyes can sleep easy. It's near impossible to predict who will win the PL, so maybe the bookies are as bad as me and pil making City favs.

Me 3, Lawro 6, pil 4, not good all round, but b*ggerlugs squeezes it again.

On my way home from the game. You were saying Roman? :D

I said I thought you'd be out of the race ifarsenal won. They didn't so you are still in it as far as I am concerned. You know... results change things etc.

I didn't expect arsenal to win the league before today, nor now,at least not without the football gods being very kind with injuries etc. Our squad is manifestly too thin and unbalanced.

But we are making moves in the right direction after a few gap years and that will have to do for now.

Surprise results? 2 clear chances in the second half we should have put away. Should have been 3-0.

Was Ozil on the pitch?

I think you'll find I gave you chapter and verse on ozil yesterday. You didn't witness a freak event. that's pretty much how he plays. Now you've seen it perhaps you'll understand a bit more.

One nil maybe fair.

The first half was all utds the second mostly arsenals. utd created a bit more but not much.

Arsenal made a few good chances and both sides maybe deserved a penalty.

Few would have complained had it been a draw.

Arsenal suffered from lack of mertersacker and rosicky I thought. The paucity of quality on the bench was obvious too. Hopefully this will be addressed in Jan but I fear we may wait til the summer for reenforcements.

I think you'll find I gave you chapter and verse on ozil yesterday. You didn't witness a freak event. that's pretty much how he plays. Now you've seen it perhaps you'll understand a bit more.

One nil maybe fair.

The first half was all utds the second mostly arsenals. utd created a bit more but not much.

Arsenal made a few good chances and both sides maybe deserved a penalty.

Few would have complained had it been a draw.

Arsenal suffered from lack of mertersacker and rosicky I thought. The paucity of quality on the bench was obvious too. Hopefully this will be addressed in Jan but I fear we may wait til the summer for reenforcements.

As I said earlier the picture will be clearer in January.

A good game,Arsenal missed the big man at the back,Wazza played well and RVP took the goal with his usual clinical finish.
A satisfying result,especially with the rest having off days,plenty of time left,though with Pogba having a starring show in today's game again,one could only hope what could have been had he not left,still with the transfer window here shortly and summer incomings there maybe some good players on the horizon.

Deja vu time. Chelsea continued their poor domestic form against West Bromwich Albion, Manchester City lost yet again away from home, Tottenham Hotspur failed to score and Arsenal were just lacking determination. Anyone of 6 teams could win the PL, but where is the feast of good football most people expected from the signings and the managerial merry go round?

Arsenal, Southampton, Liverpool & City have all played very well at times There have also been a good number of other exciting, high quality games. I think the standard seems higher than last year where an unexceptional Utd team strolled to the title. I certainly didn't expect any of the new (or returning) managers to suddenly transform the clubs that had taken them on.

Surprise results? 2 clear chances in the second half we should have put away. Should have been 3-0.

Was Ozil on the pitch?

Err rubbish ,

utd played like Stoke , got a lucky goal from a free kick and then put 11 men in their half and ventured forward occasionally .

Despite the result , that game was a watershed moment .

Arsenal haven't had any joy up at OT since 2006 iirc. It's all very well them playing their pretty tippy tappy football. It might even be effective against the likes of Norwich but against the better teams they do need to actually test the goalkeeper. I don't think De Gea had a save to make. I'll be interested to see how they get on against Southampton, Chelsea & City over the coming weeks. I think they'll struggle.

Utd are still to play well so far this season. Hopefully that will change soon. They are improving albeit slowly.

Err rubbish ,

utd played like Stoke , got a lucky goal from a free kick and then put 11 men in their half and ventured forward occasionally .

Despite the result , that game was a watershed moment .

Gerald your the one talking rubbish as anyone at the game will tell you.

Arsenal in the second half gave up all pretence of playing football realising that with Vidic off injured their best ploy was to sling in route 1 balls and the final nail in their metaphorical coffin was bringing on Bendtner!

Before the game I was concerned we would lose but it was Arsenal who put 11 men behind the ball in the first half and it was United who took the game to them.

Rooney was magnificent covering every blade of grass on the pitch.

We may not retain the Prem this season but us Northerners don't go down without a fight and neither will my team.

I was so proud that our grit beat the southern softies as well as our skill leaving Arsenal with hardly a direct shot at our goalkeeper in the entire game.

Come on you Reds!!!

Deary me.

stats -
possesson 60/40 in arsenals favour
shots 10/5 in arsenals favour
shots on target 2/2

in the second half the grounds men could have re-turfed arsenals half .

oh and yeah , 2 stretchers on the pitch , 1 serious injury and 6 subs and only 3 minutes extra time . no wonder fergie needs to keep attending , as to hand out the brown envelopes without moyes's knowledge .

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back