advertisement

13 Types Of Audiophiles.

Well, we almost got to 20 messages before anyone took a cheap pot shot at people they disagree with... Not too bad!

No pot shots at individuals. The "angry objectivist" was a category on the list.

The "angry subjectivist" was not.

We're missing the "brand evangelist". You know who you are.

13. The Cheerleader

The overly positive fanboy of the audiophile world, the Cheerleader has passion for his brands and he’s not afraid to show it. He loves them and he wants you know it. He may attach himself to one or more products that simply can do no wrong. They are the best, around. And no one can ever get ‘em down.

I think they're all deaf, but won't admit it.

I wouldn't mind being 10 The Negative Nancy, but it's not very Buddah-like.

Jack

Another Type 14: Would declare under oath that it's better to listen to great music on a crap system rather than vice-versa.

I know the article is tongue-in-cheek but it is downright stupid even at that. When you have to break a silly thing like audiophiles into as many as 13 different categories, it is no longer witty or clever...

Another Type 14: Would declare under oath that it's better to listen to great music on a crap system rather than vice-versa.
But this applies to most professional musicians, who are notorious for not caring much about sound playback quality

advertisement

Back