advertisement

1200£ for two monoblock amps?

Thought that RD had turned everyone off.
Me, had pair of A70 s which were pretty good, much outclassed my earlier Nac72/nap140
Love the purity of sound.
Interested in what else there was at the price of A80 s.
Hence the original question.

Thought that RD had turned everyone off.
Me, had pair of A70 s which were pretty good, much outclassed my earlier Nac72/nap140
Love the purity of sound.
Interested in what else there was at the price of A80 s.
Hence the original question.

He has/does, including me. Nonetheless, they're great amps and the A80s are a different design to the 70s (dual transformers, etc). The other thing in their favour is that the passive pres are cheap, work a treat and are upgradeable (eg to a TVC).

Personally if I was you, didn't want NVA, etc, I'd be looking for a Meridian 559, or a good Quad. Those 405 monos on the bay look v interesting.

He has/does, including me. Nonetheless, they're great amps and the A80s are a different design to the 70s (dual transformers, etc). The other thing in their favour is that the passive pres are cheap, work a treat and are upgradeable (eg to a TVC).

Personally if I was you, didn't want NVA, etc, I'd be looking for a Meridian 559, or a good Quad. Those 405 monos on the bay look v interesting.

The 559 might be a tad over the £1200. If you are lucky around £1300 to £1600 delivered. I have two!

Cheers,

DV

The one thing I have found in the favour of monoblocks is that a humming transformer is a damn site easier to cure than when there's are two in the box.

I do like the Ncores, but I've just to be totally sold on the way they image, more investigation needed.

advertisement

Back