advertisement

120 roll film developing

stevec67

pfm Member
I've recently dug out an old Lubitel that I've had years and a mate and I are going to take it out for some photos. He's got a pile of film. Where'e the best place to get it developed without needing a second mortgage? Normal prints, 6x4 or 7x5. Alternatively, do people generally do contacts and then selected prints?

Colour print C41, BTW

Peak's developing is good - but I got some small sample prints done, and was very disappointed - they looked as though they were digitally printed from a crap scan, they'd badly cropped one, and put heavy scrape marks on two others. I'd just get them developed, scan them yourself, and send the good ones off to Photobox or similar.

Peak's developing is good - but I got some small sample prints done, and was very disappointed - they looked as though they were digitally printed from a crap scan, they'd badly cropped one, and put heavy scrape marks on two others. I'd just get them developed, scan them yourself, and send the good ones off to Photobox or similar.

I've had a few back from Peak where they've scratched the prints. I thought it was just me being picky.

This lot have always given good service - http://www.lab35imaging.com/ although I've just noticed that they've moved their premises and are no longer local to me. I prefer being able to go into a lab and drop film off if possible. Maybe you should try and find a local lab?

This lot are the other ones I have used and I have used them for developing and printing combined, and they are pretty good, albeit at a bit more than Peak.

Panter Imaging (Clerkenwell in London)

Thanks gents, I'm in Leeds so now I know the going rate(s) I can as you say try to track down a local supplier. Not cheap is it? About 2x the price of 35mm, for < half the number of photos.

advertisement

Back