advertisement

1001 ALBUMS you must hear before you die

DAVEDWACK

pfm Member
I got this from HMV just today and it covers the 50's through to 2005.

The deal is if you buy 3 CD's which are in the book at prices between £5-£10 you get the book for half price which makes it £10.

I got Dusty in Memphis/Neil Young-Tonight's the Night/John Prine-John Prine plus the book for £25 which I thought was a reasonable deal.

They have hundreds of Cd's to choose from at a fiver a time so it's probably worth a look. The book covers most genres pop/rock/soul/jazz etc but not classical and is prefaced/edited by Michael Lydon/Robert Dimery.

Cheers,

Dave

My missus bought me this for my birthday this year. It has a definate North American bias, I'm sure there are a few ommisions and some glaringly obvious mistakes , ( Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake are 'in' FFS..).

There are occasions when i've found myself in a 'record' shop with money to spend but just can't seem to decide what to get , what i did was to start a spreadsheet using the book as a loose guide and now carry some of it ( 1 double sided piece of A4) around in my wallet just in case. Luckily there is plenty of room for this piece of paper as i never sem to have any money in it...

Sid and Coke said:
There are occasions when i've found myself in a 'record' shop with money to spend but just can't seem to decide what to get
"Record Store Syndrome". Brutal and baffling. Ask me on the street, I can rattle off dozens of titles I'd love to have; one foot inside the shop, I can't even remember my own name.

advertisement

Back