advertisement

100% Faultless Albums

I only have a handful of classical cd's and my classical knowledge is close to zero and I know it isn't an album....but....Beethovens 5th piano concerto absolutely blows my brain.
I am always staggered at how utterly fantastic and perfect it is.And it was composed in 1809.....that's pre Beatles and Stones.

Perhaps not to everyones taste but I consider every album/soundtrack released by Mogwai to be pretty much flawless

None.

There's lots of albums that I have loved from A-Z in some period of time. But when I listen to them many years later, I always tend to skip some songs halfway. So probably they don't stand the test of time for me 100%.

Skimming across the cd collection I see these...

Yes...Close to the edge
King Crimson...Red
Gentle Giant...3 Friends
Charlie....No Second Chance
Faust....The Faust Tapes
Focus...Focus 3
PFM...Cook

and on vinyl

Ash Ra Tempel...Correlations
Michael Hoenig...Departure from the Northern Wasteland
Reichman Wunderbar...Wunderbar
Robin Trower...Bridge of Sighs

No jazz...and no country and western !!!!

Not many 100% no filler, but 3 I think qualify

The Decemberists - The Hazards of Love
Rush - A Farewell to Kings
Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden

The Who "Sell Out" would be there if only we could leave off "Armenia City in the Sky" and "Rael".

Ok, Fun!
I'll chime in:
Bowie
-
Pinups
Crusaders:
- Southern Comfort
- Chain Reaction
John Coltrane
- Blue Train
- Ballads
Johnny Guitar Watson
-
Real Mother For Ya'
The Pharcyde
- Bizarre Ride II the Pharcyde
Charles Mingus
-
Mingus Ah Um
And, since Country and Western isn't gettin' any love here, here's two you can count on:
Merle Haggard and the Strangers
- Swinging Doors and the Bottle Let Me Down (Capitol ST 2585, just to help you track it down)
Johnny Paycheck
- Take this job and shove it
I'd say that all the Crusaders albums from Pass The Plate in 1971 to Chain Reaction in 1975 were pretty much faultless. Mesmerisingly great music.

'Wheatstraw Suite' by The Dillards, Aereo-Plane by John Hartford and Younger Than Yesterday by The Byrds. And 'Train a comin' by Steve Earle.

Love - Forever Changes
Quicksilver Messenger Service - Happy Trails
Nick Drake - Five Leaves Left
Neil Ardley - Harmony of the Spheres and Kaleidoscope of Rainbows
Simon and Garfunkel - BoTW

advertisement

Back