advertisement

02 Joggler as streamer

stevec67

pfm Member
Someone here said an O2 Joggler was a good solution for a streamer, I already have a DAC and a NAS. There's one near me, going cheap without a PSU. Apparently they need 5V wallwart, is it a standard connection?

Someone here said an O2 Joggler was a good solution for a streamer, I already have a DAC and a NAS. There's one near me, going cheap without a PSU. Apparently they need 5V wallwart, is it a standard connection?

Yes. The plug is a standard one, about 10mm long and 5mm in external diameter. The internal diameter looks like it's around 3mm. I'm pretty sure Maplins would have something suitable. Make sure it can provide a couple of amps output though as the spec says it draws around 1.4A when booting.

I bought one off fleabay recently but suspect it may have been dropped as the touch screen is not at all accurate. I've yet to get it working.

If you haven't done so already, check the Joggler wiki web site as it has loads of useful information.

Thanks, that's handy. I have a few wall wart affairs, one is switchable and quite chunky so it will be fine. I've put in a silly low bid, I can collect as it's nearby. At the money it seems worth a punt. If I get it I'll check the info out there, seems like a very cost effective way in for a bit of a play.

I'm using a 5.0 x 2.1mm connector with mine. A 5.5mm tip (on a different PSU) is a better fit though.

Great, got the thing cming round tonight. £10, delivered as he's passing can you believe? He says it works, or will with a PSU.

I tried one steve and it was fun and games setting up it - never quite got it right so moved it on, needed more time and patients than i had but they are supposed to be fabulous for the money

Thanks Karl,
At the price I paid (£10!) I can afford to launch it into the garden if it doesn't suit me. In fact the PSU will cost more than that. 5V@3A is quite meaty. The chap selling them had 1 PSU to show them working but no more.

£10. That's 3 pints of beer. [wanders off, shaking head, fings ain't wot vey useter be...]

If you do decide to launch it, launch it my way! Got one working well here and could use another in my shed - happy to.cover your costs.

advertisement

Back