advertisement

£3,000,000 Goes Awry

"A triumph of glamour over substance".
Are they looking at the same pictures as I am? "Cult of personality", possibly. But glamour? If so then I've lost my way and should have been an underwear model.

"A triumph of glamour over substance".
Are they looking at the same pictures as I am? "Cult of personality", possibly. But glamour? If so then I've lost my way and should have been an underwear model.

A triumph of bizarre clothes over accounting probably more accurate.

someone was talking to me about this a few weeks ago, and they said they would get the money only if Camila Batmanghelidjh resigned, wasn't really bothered then and still not now, she was a favearate on the BBC news, i always thought she was patronizing and a attention seeking twat,, hay but that's just me

What gets me is that they used £800,000 of the 3 million to pay a months salary? Apparently it has over 600 paid staff. There must be a lot of troubled kids in Southwark or wherever it is...

From what I can tell Batmanghelidjh formed the charity with perfectly good intentions but her force of personality has allowed the shortcomings of the financial management of the organisation to be swept under the carpet.

And for some period of time as well:

"I have found that in 2002 its chairman of trustees, the BBC executive Alan Yentob, secretly lobbied Treasury officials over an unpaid £700,000 employment tax bill. The charity had deducted this money from staff but failed to pass these funds on to the taxman. In the end, a secret deal was done whereby £589,000 of the total bill was written off at public expense."
http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/milesg...y-is-dealing-with-the-allegations-against-it/

Planet sized ego/personality can't be arsed to make sure the ship is tightly run and conceals shortcomings using force of said personality. Oh err, missus never been known before, especially in banks and stuff.

The way politicians cozy up to these people and back off when the shit hits the fan is always amusing though. 'Success has many fathers, failure is an orphan' - with apologies to Tacitus.

Thankfully the news reports are of alleged financial mismanagement. The red tops will have to bin any Batman Robin' headlines.

advertisement

Back