advertisement

So who’s put their heating on yet ?

Okeydoke, sounds like cheap and cheerful is good enough after all. Thanks folks.
I’ve been measuring room temp in a few different places today (slow day here). I’ve got a couple of digital temp probes I use for our street food business and a smart thermostat for the boiler. The stat is on the internal wall in the middle of the room at about eye level and reads 20.9. Both digital probes read 21.7. If i move the digital probe to hang over a coffee table in the middle of the room (about 18” off ground) it reads 19.1 so a drop of 2 degrees for a 4ft drop in altitude. I think I’ve got a chimney effect of the hot air rising and drawing a cold air hurricane in from the cat flap :)

I’ve been measuring room temp in a few different places today (slow day here). I’ve got a couple of digital temp probes I use for our street food business and a smart thermostat for the boiler. The stat is on the internal wall in the middle of the room at about eye level and reads 20.9. Both digital probes read 21.7. If i move the digital probe to hang over a coffee table in the middle of the room (about 18” off ground) it reads 19.1 so a drop of 2 degrees for a 4ft drop in altitude. I think I’ve got a chimney effect of the hot air rising and drawing a cold air hurricane in from the cat flap :)

our food insertion probes are about 3 to 5°C different to our ambient ones. In fact our kitchen ones have completely different probes for the oven (ambient) and food (insertion).

of course YMMV

our food insertion probes are about 3 to 5°C different to our ambient ones. In fact our kitchen ones have completely different probes for the oven (ambient) and food (insertion).

of course YMMV
Product probes don't give an accurate result in air. You need an air probe, or if not then put the product probe in a pot of water and leave the temp to stabilise.

I would like to know, as that was in Pudsey, Leeds, near me. If I find out I'll go and shout at the person concerned.
You could direct your enquiry to Mr. Johnson. Presumably, he will enable his saviour to be enobled when the Tories return him to his former job.
I had better end this charming diversion, now, before I am chastised with the label "Chief Thread Crapper".

Last edited:
You could direct your enquiry to Mr. Johnson. Presumably, he will enable his saviour to be enobled when the Tories return him to his former job.
I had better end this charming diversion, now, before I am chastised with the label "Chief Thread Crapper".
My post was only for stand-up freezer watchers. I hope u will tell us about your heating turn-ons, unless your home is on fire.

I'm guessing anybody who spends their day in a walk-in freezer probably doesn't feel the need to have their heating on yet.

Finished setting up Honeywell Evohome today so we're all comfortable with rooms from 10 to 20C.

Kitchen is spot on at 20 so it appears to be working well. Pump is on lowest proportional pressure setting so silent but will see how it goes when the children all come home in December.

13.4oC in the living room today. Maybe this working from home malarkey has some caveats.....

Is layering up the clothes considered cheating?

advertisement

Back