advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

Shouldn't have got out on the lash last night
62580-969928f6-5220-4236-9eea-ce0ee8a005c0.jpeg

recovering from last night

breakfast

GWR cancelled our direct train back to Paddington. They didn't message us, we discovered by accident, now on an earlier train but had to faff at Newton Abbot. And we lost our seat reservations - luckily plenty of space....

Parkrun this morning, best time of the summer, wish I’d tried a little harder. Then took the kids for a greasy spoon breakfast. A few students this afternoon, then I’ll sit down with a beer or two to watch God’s own football team hopefully show Aston Villa how to play football…

The Wife beat me at Scrabble yesterday. And I opened one game with a 7 letter word.’draping’ and still lost. (Wife got two seven letter words in that game :( )

enjoying not having a TV, but the new beast will be delivered today. I imagine there is a wall of faff ahead of me. Hope it is easy to set up.

GWR snackbox freebie, contains something called dehydrated hummus (it is grey), and cheesy popcorn. Who in their right mind would want to eat this sh!t. At least they bunged me a few packets of crisps.

Unblocked the sink after a right palaver , stinky mushrooms were found eventually. Now out to get meself arseholed.

Got my V5 today. Always get a lost heartbeat when the government beige hits the mat, ever since the taxman decided to chose me at random for an audit. You do all the work sonny and we will decide whether you have tried to pull a fast one. Took me about ten hours and I owed them about fifty quid. They were disappointed, but waived the balance.

Today was Hat Festival day.

Hats, beer, food and music. Hopefully lots of money raised for head related charities.

Picture framing. Very fiddly and always plenty of opportunities for top-drawer sweary language. Today was no exception. My smart new mat cutter made things a lot easier, but couldn’t compensate completely for my general inability to keep things square and level. And the old Marchbanks adage ‘measure twice, cut once, scratch head, realise you measured wrongly both times’ was reflected on a couple of times. But the rough assembly looks OK, and I’m pretty happy. That’s enough for today. I’ll be even happier when I have opened the Rochefort in a few minutes.

52330679097_c3617294f4_z.jpg

Picture framing. Very fiddly and always plenty of opportunities for top-drawer sweary language. Today was no exception. My smart new mat cutter made things a lot easier, but couldn’t compensate completely for my general inability to keep things square and level. And the old Marchbanks adage ‘measure twice, cut once, scratch head, realise you measured wrongly both times’ was reflected on a couple of times. But the rough assembly looks OK, and I’m pretty happy. That’s far enough for today. I’ll be even happier when I have opened the Rochefort in a few minutes.

52330679097_c3617294f4_z.jpg

Those look wonderful - nice job on the mount cutting! :)

and the old Marchbanks adage ‘measure twice, cut once, scratch head, realise you measured wrongly both times’

Haha - excellent :D

Lefty

Last day in Verona.
Walked past the throngs queueing to get into the Casa Di Giulia and the tower on my way to a see a church.
Then it was a very civilised train journey in a Frecciarossa 1000 to La Serenissima for three days at the Biennale.

advertisement

Back