advertisement

Emporium HiFi

The gold curtain has been bothering me for a long while.
I bought a spacedeck and spacearm from them with a lp12 as trade. Done over the phone with no bother.

Maybe that was the LP12 I finished up with from them?
86 vintage with Valhalla/Ittock 2 arm?
Since modded up to Akurate (Mid-spec) level...

They’ve had a few speakers I would have liked to buy before but I got no reply to messages and their eBay feedback gives me the fear.

They’ve had a few speakers I would have liked to buy before but I got no reply to messages and their eBay feedback gives me the fear.

Much better to phone them, Nicks a nice guy to chat with and easy to deal with, there's alot of dicks on ebay

Maybe a good idea to get an invoice from Nick before you pay. He never answered to my repeated requests for an invoice on a very pricey amp I bought from him.

Hi, i think because of the setup, about 4 shops and 4 staff, if its their off, or they are delivering something they are hard to contact, but i have sold them plenty of gear, and bought last year a very expensive amp, and i can't fault them,

Maybe a good idea to get an invoice from Nick before you pay. He never answered to my repeated requests for an invoice on a very pricey amp I bought from him.

Standard good business practice. Anything else is sloppy and bordering on dodgy.

I'd also want the invoice receipted.

Made an enquiry a year or two ago re a quite pricey amp. Responses from Nick were very vague and unconvincing, given the rarity of the product and the sums involved. I simply gave up. Wouldn’t go there again.

Made an enquiry a year or two ago re a quite pricey amp. Responses from Nick were very vague and unconvincing, given the rarity of the product and the sums involved. I simply gave up. Wouldn’t go there again.

If you would be expecting a long wordy email you would be barking up the wrong tree, however call him on the phone and he'll chat away and answer any questions, I'd suggest that he either doesn't like or can't be arsed answering email enquiries, kind of understandable given the amount of equipment put through his hands.

Have bought three or four things from them over the years. All no issues. But really miss Emporuim which was a vintage clothing and other stuff store in Greenwich

It was on creek road. There was a record shop nearby but think they were separate. I used to buy suits there mostly .

Emails must be the bane of this sort of dealer: all sorts of time-wasters/fantasists. Phone call costs and, just like a good car salesman, it will sort the wheat from the chaff in a minute or two. On balance, looking at this thread I’d be happy to deal with him.

I bought a cd player off him ok ebay; I returned it and was refunded immediately.he offers a great service where item can be brought to your house for listening.he has alot of interesting gear sold at very fair prices.

I've bought and sold through Nick over many years and had no problems with him.

He sends someone over to pick up the stuff.

The first thing I bought off him I decided I didn't want it. Phoned him up, told him and sent it back. No hassle, no argument.

When I bought an expensive cartridge, new, his guy came and fitted it. I live in London.

I emailed the emporium once many years ago when I first started getting interested in kit beyond what was available at my local Richer Sounds, saying I was looking for an A&R A60 and if he had one / came across one at any point, could he possibly think of me. I got a reply, but it was just to say that he didn’t know what one of them was!! With hindsight probably not the bet place to ask as not his kind of thing but i didn’t know any better

Emails must be the bane of this sort of dealer: all sorts of time-wasters/fantasists. Phone call costs and, just like a good car salesman, it will sort the wheat from the chaff in a minute or two. On balance, looking at this thread I’d be happy to deal with him.
Actually, for people on unlimited calls contracts the extra phone call costs nothing over the subscription... :)

advertisement

Back