advertisement

What are you listening to right now #60

Status
Not open for further replies.
BOOK+MOCK+B.jpg

They Might Be Giants - BOOK

I've been listening to this pretty much once per day every day since getting it, much to my wife's dismay. I mean, let's be honest: if you aren't already familiar with, and a fan of, TMBG's music, it's probably not for you. But if you are, I think it's really quite good. Also the book itself is a literal work of art.

I'm long past considering TMBG to be a "guilty pleasure" as I see no reason to feel guilt about liking any kind of music. With that said, they're completely incongruous with my usual tastes! First of all, I just appreciate how they've been going for 40-ish years, somehow simultaneously maintaining a unique "sound" while also having pretty much a different style for every song on each album (admittedly all still within the framework of alternative/pop/rock, but pretty broad within that framework). Second, because of that "narrow diversity", when I get in the right mood, which I happen to feel coming on as I write this, they're pretty much the only band that can satisfy that mood and I can easily spend the whole day listening to their discography.

81co9iqbQiS._SS500_.jpg

It was hot in the summer of no touching
And we danced like everybody was watching

Looking forward to a good singalong tonight in Birmingham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back