advertisement

Avondale NCC300 Monos Underway

On the NCC-200 I noticed a difference in Bias from Lid off to Lid on so in the final stages of setting the Bias now I always do it with the lid on
Alan

On the 300"s I've set bias with the lid off
But...I've noticed while the heat sink gets warm, the tops of the four output transistors stays very cool
This leads me to think the heat is wicked away quite efficiently on the cases I'm using, and when I eventually put the lids back on (soon I think) I'm not worried about setting drifting too much
Funny enough I always set the 200 and 220 with a cover over the cases ...as they do seem to get warm in the box

Scusa, come posso trovare due schede ncc300 ..
Se qualcuno nel gruppo ne ha altri due, sarei molto interessato.
Grazie

Scusa, come posso trovare due schede ncc300 ..
Se qualcuno nel gruppo ne ha altri due, sarei molto interessato.
Grazie

Sorry, how can I find two ncc300 cards ..
If anyone in the group has two others, I would be very interested.
Thanks

After a few months of "holidays followed by catching up after holidays", I'm finally making some progress on this pair of mono amps. I've got all the components into both enclosures. Now I can start wiring and testing.

ComponentsInWeb.jpg

I'm hoping to make more progress tomorrow.

After a few months of "holidays followed by catching up after holidays", I'm finally making some progress on this pair of mono amps. I've got all the components into both enclosures. Now I can start wiring and testing.

ComponentsInWeb.jpg

I'm hoping to make more progress tomorrow.
Awesome ! Nice layout, plenty of room and more than enough heat sink so really built for the long terms.
Wish some manufacturers get inspired by such design.........

Looks great. What does the psu section do?
Avondale's NCM1 has a variety of features:
  • Fused input with connection to case earth through two standoffs.
  • Soft Start Module
  • Variable power switch LED supply
  • Rectifier and caps for the input stage
  • Rectifier and caps for the output stage

Sounds an amazing piece of kit replaces a lot of parts if it had speaker protection it would be literally one stop solution
Yup. Their offering is the SPM you can see in the back beside the NCC300. It also does fan control, although I'm not using that feature in this build.

Yup. Their offering is the SPM you can see in the back beside the NCC300. It also does fan control, although I'm not using that feature in this build.
And do you know if the tripping temperature can be adjusted by the small blue rectangular box located beside the large white relay ?

And do you know if the tripping temperature can be adjusted by the small blue rectangular box located beside the large white relay ?
I've not researched that at all, but it seems to be a reasonable assumption, given that section of the board is related to fan control.

It's not listed as a unit or kit on his website
Only the SPM
But he might still sell you one if you catch him on a good day!:)

The website mentions only the SSM2. Avondale has many things that are not listed on the website. I think they're too busy building stuff to update the site with the latest offerings.

advertisement

Back