advertisement

Chord Anni

Mike Hughes

pfm Member
I am intrigued. This opens up the option of binning my Naim amplification, which is on the agenda anyway, and going Hugo TT2 into Anni into Zu.

yes saw this , shocking price though !! how on earth is that going to compete against topping t amps and denon mini amps !!

yes saw this , shocking price though !! how on earth is that going to compete against topping t amps and denon mini amps !!

Will be interesting to see how it performs. Is it fair to say the same question could be levelled against the Qutest? And that seems to do alright.

Reactions: RoA
No remote afaik which is an issue, even in a desktop environment. Others offer it and some will not only use this near field.

An oversight and reason enough for some to go elsewhere.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but to me Chord products are fugly and ergonomically inept. Not for me

Agreed. Other than TT and TT2 I think Chords ‘function follows form’ apparent approach to design work is truly appalling.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but to me Chord products are fugly and ergonomically inept. Not for me
I agree with you. And I’ve had a Hugo, a TT, and now own a DAVE and MScaler. Ergonomics of Chord kit is appalling and the appearance is dreadful. Luckily it sounds good.

Ergonomics.. in their defence m'lud.. I have one of their preamps. If the vol up button is pressed and held indefinitely the volume will automatically 'brake' after a few steps. This hopefully prevents pesky children and drunken friends from taking your speakers out. The power amps will also calmly shut down if you short circuit the speaker cables. Fix the short and it simply fires up again.
FWIW I do like the styling of most of their stuff as I find plain jane black boxes tedious and wouldn't give them house room. I do buy ordinary looking cars though.

I agree with you. And I’ve had a Hugo, a TT, and now own a DAVE and MScaler. Ergonomics of Chord kit is appalling and the appearance is dreadful. Luckily it sounds good.

Totally agree. Chord products look designed by VTech. The UI gas barely made it out of the 1970s. However, I don’t have to look at it. I listen to it and it sounds fantastic.

advertisement

Back