advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking forward to the next grocery workers strike this Christmas in France. It's the lorry drivers this time. They are planning to block the routes into logistics hubs this year.

Last time it was the store staff that went on strike.

At least you’ve got some over there to go on strike, Rich.
Indeed. I would just like to illustrate that service disruption is continuous here. It's woven into the tapestry of life and will probably always be here. It will pass in Uk and return to normal.

Indeed. I would just like to illustrate that service disruption is continuous here. It's woven into the tapestry of life and will probably always be here. It will pass in Uk and return to normal.

I suppose business will adapt. It has to, or else it will die.

There was a top agri business bloke on the news the other day, he said if farmers/distributors etc have to pay their staff properly to recruit and retain them, then the age of cheap food is over, and that the UK is addicted to cheap food. I was reminded of the Ryanair guy saying that Brits would crawl naked on their bellies over broken glass to save a quid. Wondering how that dichotomy is going to play out.

Our supermarkets up here in rural Galloway have had gradually reducing stock over the previous few weeks due to limited deliveries, made worse due to the amount of tourists in the area, glad the holidays are over.

Brexit is a ****ing shitshow and anyone who says otherwise deserves a ****ing slap

There was a top agri business bloke on the news the other day, he said if farmers/distributors etc have to pay their staff properly to recruit and retain them, then the age of cheap food is over, and that the UK is addicted to cheap food. I was reminded of the Ryanair guy saying that Brits would crawl naked on their bellies over broken glass to save a quid. Wondering how that dichotomy is going to play out.

As has been mentioned already, if costs for drivers and deliveries increase, there will be an inevitable increase in prices. I suspect we are seeing the start of this and we could be in for a bumpy ride.

Ahh Brexit. The gift that keeps on taking....

I was invited to book a Flu Jab and got in quick..with the result I was booked in for Sep 23rd.
That has now been cancelled.. due.. directly..to Brexit causing a shortage of HGV drivers.

I can't see my GP surgery re-booking all appointments after the delay..so we'll all probably end up at the back of the queue.

**** you Brexit!!

Positive thinking and a bit more patriotism will get us out of this EU-inflicted mess. Boris has declared war in the Doomsters and the Gloomsters. Nigel Farage should be given a seat in the Lords and brought into government to deal with the EU and these malingerers. It’s they who are holding Britain back.
Blaming opponents for failure was a popular line from Stalin and Mao, leading to purges.

I am in both countries every day, have been for 4 years. Your opinion means nothing.

You are in a very small part of each country every day. Your opinion means nothing.

(Gosh, it’s really easy to be an arse on a forum isn’t it).

He's dead right. I'm at the sharp end of food manufacture and supply, costs are rising. Customers are getting shorted. Prices are only going one way.

Germany no: France always. They don't seem to have their shit together as much as UK and Germany.
I lived in France for 3 years, 2003-2006 and again 2011. Never saw a gap in the shelves. Seen plenty here recently. No milk today, said the guy in the uniform.

Mustn’t grumble,it’s turnip crumble!

iUlVmoL.jpg

mmm..delicious

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back