advertisement

Speaker cables..

toriamos

Not to be rude but Im not a big fan of my NACa5
Have tried som Chords, but find the a bit to smoth.

Maybe try Witch Hat Phantoms, fantastic cables, and you can try them on a 30 day money back basis, if you don’t like them. Win Win. Give them the benefit for of a min 3 week burn in before deciding. They do continue to improve for a couple of months after that as well.

Not rude in my book
There's a lot of alternatives to try if not a fan of A5 stiffness or sound ?
Atlas, Tellurium Q/EWA, WH Phantom, Vertere, Kudos KS1 amo..

When I had Naim gear I always used Avondale Black Link speaker cables. Top class.

I've always found Linn K20 one of the bizarrest cables I've ever come across. I've never liked it much because it proved to be so unreliable, and potentially so heavily influencing in the systems I've tried it in.
But in some systems it worked really, really well, as though it was magic, like an orchestra that had just found it's conductor.
But in some others it ruined the sound, hard, lean, lumpen bass, with confused timing. Just a mess like it was going through some sort of mixer, and with far greater impact than you'd think a cable could have.

What I've never worked out was why it was so hard to predict it's impact from system to system, or just what the mechanisms or interactions at play were.

Chord Co. cables too smooth? Which have you tried? I've not played with any for a few years, and all the versions in my cable cupboard (Carnival, Rumour 2 and 4, Odyssey 2 and 4, etc.) are all at least competent, if not great at their price points or overall.

Chord Co. cables too smooth? Which have you tried? I've not played with any for a few years, and all the versions in my cable cupboard (Carnival, Rumour 2 and 4, Odyssey 2 and 4, etc.) are all at least competent, if not great at their price points or overall.

Damn, it sounds like you have enough speaker cable for all of your speakers!

Nearly :p

Must admit, I disliked NacA4 when I was given some with my original Naim. Hard and inflexible.Sound was ok, as most cables are.

Lots of good quality copper is my approach, Mogami, Van Damme, Supra Classic etc. No need to over-think it, but don’t cheap-out either. I definitely want some good clean and substantial copper for my money!

Agreed.

In that regard the good old Linn LK20 at just £5pm still cuts it. Nice Heavy conductors. Inductance a bit higher than usual but that helps many amplifiers and is otherwise benign.

Otherwise Supra is good stuff in either fig8 or twisted pair/quartet (Rondo).

advertisement

Back