advertisement

Vertigo

Sending a man with vertigo to a walk-in centre is a little optimistic.

Surely okay if it's on the ground floor; if it's local you won't have ver ti go, either. (sorry !)

but also I am very careful to use Diazepam sparingly and only when absolutely necessary. It is a lifeline I don't intend to spoil by using it too freely and becoming dependent.

If taken as and when there is no problem, esp. with 2mg tab's. Useful medication if needed.

I never cease to be amazed at the pfm consultancy service. There's a wide breadth of knowledge and experience out there but I suspect the real reason is that we're mostly old codgers with bits dropping off.

Hope you get sorted soon, Tony, but at least it's infrequent, albeit distressing when it happens.

When I have a severe attack I can’t even get to the bathroom on my hands and knees. I just keep keeling over and I cannot focus. I just lie there throwing up into a bowl.

If taken as and when there is no problem, esp. with 2mg tab's. Useful medication if needed.

I tend to get prescribed 14 x 5mg. I mostly use 1/4 of a tab. I can go for weeks with none.. then maybe get through a few x 1/4 over a few days.. etc. My last script was issued last Feb and I'm down to three left.. so have another lot lodged at the pharmacy awaiting collection. It is wonderful stuff 'in extremis' and if used with care.

Funny, I've been attacks of vertigo this morning. Stand up: head spins. I've no idea what's brought it on.

+1 for prochlorperazine. Brilliant stuff. I hope the vertigo doesn't last as I took my last tablet just before.

There are some reports that dizziness could be a symptom of delta COVID. I doubt that full-on vertigo is COVID , but maybe stand up dizziness warrants a test?

Had Labyrinthitis a few times when I’ve come back from holidays abroad, not nice at all, laid in bath with room spinning above you is a surreal experience.

I use Cinnarizine (aka stugeron travel sickness pill) and take 2 or 3 depending how bad the vertigo is. (3 will wipe me out)
When I get it, I tend to wake up with it (rollercoasters or clambering upside down under a car are a no no)

Weirdly, when I have it bad enough that I need to get occasional support from a wall and the world vibrates as I walk along; I can get on a pushbike and cycle with no problem or symptoms at all. As soon as I stop and put my feet down it comes back.
Jay

My wife had a severe attack of BPPV two weeks after her first COVID jab. Another milder one about 3 weeks after her second jab and a third about 4 weeks ago, all getting progressively milder. Hopefully they are petering out but she’s still on the pills and has the occasional feeling of “slew”.

advertisement

Back