advertisement

Cricket 2021 - all things cricket for this year on pfm

Rotation policy is looking rather flawed today. Odd to see a crowd in place.

Nah, Ali's form is looking iffy that's all. Great toss to win, great innings by Rohit but if England can nip a couple soon this will even up. Proper wicketkeeper too. The England pessimist in me is thinking that's a worrying amount of turn for day one!

Nah, Ali's form is looking iffy that's all. Great toss to win, great innings by Rohit but if England can nip a couple soon this will even up. Proper wicketkeeper too. The England pessimist in me is thinking that's a worrying amount of turn for day one!
Looking a lot better now, 3rd umpire not doing his job. I noticed in first test that reviews did not seem as thorough, rather rushed. Could get them out for les than 300 now?

The pitch is worrying. If it's turning that much now, India will rip through England's second innings. It'll be turning through 90 degrees by then though :D

I watched it all. As ever test cricket proving to be the best sport invented. India very much in control, but Kohli dismissal (hilarious!) and those late wickets means England have a chance to prise the advantage away. The 3rd umpire was dreadful.

First hour is pretty crucial, quick wickets & England could probably concede a first innings deficit & still have a chance.

Last edited:
I watched it all. As ever test cricket proving to be the best sport invented. India very much in control, but Kohli dismissal (hilarious!) and those late wickets means England have a chance to prise the advantage away. The 3rd umpire was dreadful.

What did you think of the 'stumping' at the end?

Kohli was even more confused than Mike Gatting after that delivery from Shane Warne.

The sweep shot could be crucial. The Indian players, apart from one, seemed to be very reluctant to play it whereas Root used it in the first Test. That could be the difference between making 10 - 20 runs and 40 - 50, which on that wicket could be more than enough.

The wicket is a disgrace though. It'll be like a sand pit by the end of the Test. The ball will be plugging :D

Pitch looks well dodgy, batting on that on the last day , if they get to that , will be pretty impossible .A great shame we did not win the toss , England have done ok so far , Kohli getting out to Moen will be replayed for years !

All teams have good days and bad days in test cricket - that’s the nature of the long form of the game - the trick is to have more of the former and less of the latter. England may well lose this test and even the series against a very good host but I have already seen enough to have hope for the future. Silverwood has put his mark on the team, there has been a shift in attitude and culture which bodes well for the Ashes later in the year.

Lunch, and England are in a spot of bother. Where are the 3 Bs when you need them ?

Not convinced about that. Assuming India bats again, follow-on notwithstanding, I suspect you'll see aggressive batting against what is looking to be an average bowling attack, unless Ali strikes form, and a high total.

I'm not to fussed about pitched not playing well, but then at one stage Taunton was my local ground. The point is having players who can adapt. There's also the small point that the home team has some pretty decent batters, many of whom could walk into the English side, no questions asked.

Jut switched it on, India won’t be batting again. Wicket is a joke, borderline cheating.

It's not cheating. But it makes the toss all important and guarantees test matches become anything but. This was a one day wicket.

It's not cheating. But it makes the toss all important and guarantees test matches become anything but. This was a one day wicket.
I said ‘borderline’ but it is not a test pitch that’s for sure. A test pitch should offer a good chance to both sides, possibly slightly in favour of the batsmen early on.

advertisement

Back