advertisement

EHRC report into Labour

I am guessing they have all expressed support for BDS.
I don't know but I'm pretty sure they are all on the left or centre left of the party.

Mysteriously, a couple of MPs on the right of the party who recently indulged in anti-Semitic tropes seem to have been spared.

Keir Starmer action for me was brave and decisive, considering his personal background and that the suspension of Jermyn Corbyn, he is intending to root out this negative influence in the Labour party. If his action prove a success he will grow as a potential opposition leader to Boris Johnson and even become a viable consideration for general public of UK if Boris Johnson really messes up (Brexit?)...

The Labour Party has just lost one activist at least.

I've not been an activist for a while. Got too much abuse on the doorsteps of Buckinghamshire (and had to walk too bl00dy far to get from one to the next)> However I think the timing of this could be a cynical ploy to p!ss off lots of left leaning members in the run up to the NEC election.

We aren’t saying it isn’t a big deal, because it is, and wasn’t dealt with. However, people are being led to believe that Labour is an anti-Semitic party with the media and government reaction, which they are not.

No need for the investigation then..maybe.

Johnson must be splitting his sides laughing at this point.

I doubt it, there are currently 63 million people wanting clarity.

I need to be tested.
I want my children to be educated.
I don't want my children to be exposed.
I want my business to be supported, to prevent my bankruptcy and my staff becoming unemployed.
I want my mental health attending to.
I want to visit my parents in the care home.
I want the care home's to be ring fenced.
I want to know our exit strategy from Covid.

Our economy is predicted to perform least well as a result of the current pandemic so I'm sure BJ has far more important things to consider than the anti semitic squabbles of the Labour party.

Besides 4 years of future economic decline and the electorate wont give a shit about anti semitic squabbles now.
I predict a Labour government in 4 years time.

@maxflinn

Thanks for that video, it's very enlightening and really gets to the heart of the matter, sadly though it seems that they've already hung Corbyn out to dry.

From the BBC website -

"For the Conservatives, Cabinet Office Minister Michael Gove has written to Sir Keir, saying he "seemingly found it much harder to find the moral character and backbone to do what was right" while serving in the shadow cabinet under Mr Corbyn."

...this from an expert on "moral character and backbone"...

CANT*

( * to be uttered with an estuary accent)

It’s the Popular Front of Kentish Town vs The Islington People’s Front....and the cry goes out “Splitters!”...

Just waiting for Phil Shiner supporter Baroness Chakrabarti of Kennington to do the decent thing and resign her Peerage, granted for her whitewash report that described the events condemned by the EHRC as “an occasionally toxic atmosphere”.

Will the Labour Party speak up for the rights of Palestinians from this point forward?

Corbyn could have nuked the entire Palestinian population and it’d still be called an antisemitic gesture.

I understand why Starmer has done this. Labour is no more antisimetic than any other organisation, but with a leader who hates bullies and racism and highlights Israel’s apartheid, it was always going to be a stick the party was going to be beaten with.

But it stinks.

To hang out a man who has spent his life fighting inequality and racism to effectively placate the right wing press and the pro-Israel lobby groups is pretty disgusting.

Stephen

To hang out a man who has spent his life fighting inequality and racism to effectively placate the right wing press and the pro-Israel lobby groups is pretty disgusting.

I can't see that he had any choice as Corbyn pretty much committed suicide. Corbyn does really seem to be caught up in his own delusions and seems to think about himself, and in particular his own image, more than the good of the party or the population at large.

Corbyn could have nuked the entire Palestinian population and it’d still be called an antisemitic gesture.

I understand why Starmer has done this. Labour is no more antisimetic than any other organisation, but with a leader who hates bullies and racism and highlights Israel’s apartheid, it was always going to be a stick the party was going to be beaten with.

But it stinks.

Stephen

The two aspects need to separated. Full consideration of the report and what happened yesterday. Corbyn could, I would argue should, have made a statement yesterday announcing that he was going to carefully read the report and respond fully when he had formulated an appropriate response.

Through a hastily prepared and clumsy statement, he gave Starmer a decision to make that any party leader would then have been evicerated for not making. Shades of the RLB comment. Even if you are then ultimately able to fully explain a more nuanced position, the damage is done - it's just so fvcking unnecessary. Amateur hour.

advertisement

Back