advertisement

RIP Eddie Van Halen

Very sad news I saw van halen many times
Sad to see that van halen will be no more

very sad for a son to lose his father RIP Eddie

Last edited:
Sad to see him go so young. Strange that he blames putting guitar picks in his mouth for his troubles and not the years of heavy smoking.

Only saw Eddie Van Halen play live once, what a guitarist and band. Some rate him as second to Hendrix.

Apparently he had an alcohol and drug problem until he got clean in 2008. This made him difficult to deal with. The joy in his riffs though is self-evident.

Jack

I saw VH on stage in about 1979, when they were supporting Black Sabbath. Sabbath were pretty lacklustre (Ozzy was only temporarily back with the band, having been fired for unreliability and alcohol abuse,and the cracks were obvious), but VH were electrifyingly exciting. I have their first two albums, and his virtuosity and energy were amazing. Eddie RIP.

Alex
Yes my first ever gig van halen/Sabbath may 78 blew the sabs of the stage.

This isn’t a time to be sad but a time for celebration!
Celebrate his life and respect the time he had.
RIP xxx

Yes I saw them at Birmingham odeon supporting Back Sabbath and indeed there was an electric feel within 1 song
The crowd got it immediately
And then I saw him with the Sammy years VH seemed like he was just going through the motionsRIP

Only saw Eddie Van Halen play live once, what a guitarist and band. Some rate him as second to Hendrix.

Apparently he had an alcohol and drug problem until he got clean in 2008. This made him difficult to deal with. The joy in his riffs though is self-evident.

Jack
He’s like his fellow Dutchman, Jan Akkerman -on acid.

New York Times, today-

DB8WI2C.jpg

Sad news indeed, Eruption changed how solo's were played , totally unique style. R.I.P Eddie

Jack
He could be temperamental, if the sound wasn’t right on stage, the sound engineers got it in the neck, he once threw a foldback monitor off the stage!:eek::D He was a perfectionist though, and I can hardly criticise him for that given that I can get frustrated and temperamental under high pressure (ie on a live show). He was brilliant.

Hugely influential and amazingly talented. Definitely in my top 5.

Only saw him play once live, by it was bloody good.

Rather spookily, just after reading about his passing, I put on my cans to walk the dog, and my phone was on random play, with the next track being from the album 1984.

advertisement

Back