advertisement

All purpose football thread 20-21 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
You see you cannot understand why we feel blessed: it is nothing to do with the Champion's League, that's for sure.

Getting back to the thread's main posts. I was clear that the Mane foul was a red card - he was brought down when through and a clear goalscoring chance was denied. Being Mane, he made the most of the foul. Being Christiansen, he committed a stupid offence and gave the referee no choice; well, apart from the need to view it again which was ridiculous. The Liverpool fans, of course, threw their hands in the air, called on the footballing gods (Robbie's mates from Park Road) who have pronounced Anfield as their sacred home, and denounced the challenge as a sin, nay a rugby tackle of such epic proportions that Jonah Lomu rose again and cast Breck Road aside and declared it Blue Nose Street. How dareth they suggest that Mane may exaggerate his fall by flailing his legs like an epileptic windmill, they cried, I need to go and caress the sacred sign above the steps to ease my furrowed brow and say '6 times' hail Mary.

Description of most PL players I've seen in recent years;), you could blow most of feckers over.

Discussion of a clear penalty in a Liverpool v Chelsea game seems to have excited one or two City “fans” (notable by their silence since the quarter-final stages of last seasons Champions League).
#newseasonstillobsessed

Discussion of a clear penalty in a Liverpool v Chelsea game seems to have excited one or two City “fans” (notable by their silence since the quarter-final stages of last seasons Champions League).
#newseasonstillobsessed

You sound like one of them Liverpool fans.

Amazing that City fans have the temerity to criticise Mane when Sterling is flinging himself all over Molineaux asI type

You sound like one of them Liverpool fans.
With respect, I wasn’t particularly referring to you. Your poetic description of the red card incident and some people’s response to it was more nuanced and funny than the typical lazy tropes about Liverpool fans that some people on the forum throw about.

I never went to Steve’s chippy. Andy’s on Lark Lane (gone downhill over the years) or Chris’s In Mossley Hill were my more regular haunts.

De Bruyne didn't make much effort to stay on his feet. As for Sterling.....2 mins in.....bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back