advertisement

All purpose football thread 20-21 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
My views don't often stray from my fellow Chelsea bruvs :) on here but for me that's about the clearest red card you're going to see.
The ref is too far away as it was the old Klopp 'hoof and hope' ball and so sensibly has shown a yellow safe in the knowledge that he'll get a whisper in the ear if he's wrong.
Christensen should have left Mané to go on and score or better still let Kepa clear him out and take the red which, although still down to 10 men, leaves us with a decent keeper for the 2nd half! If Frank honestly believes that decision could've gone either way I can only think he must be stuck in a time warp (pre VAR) - there's just no hiding place now.
Chelsea, at the moment, showing a serious lack of experience both on and off the pitch.

a minor coming together :D

Ah, a still from the boot room! Mane makes every challenge look like a major assault so a picture like this is exactly what you would expect. It was a clear red card, for sure, but come on, we do not need the usual banners and placards.

the ref was a long way from the incident and gave the foul/yellow - he clearly got a message in his ear that he'd made a mistake and it was a clear and obvious error- straight red. I've watched video of the penalty decision a coupe of times and would question your 'clear' description tbh, Werner was going down anyway it seems but whatever, the penalty was saved (was that the first one Jorginho has missed for your team)?
It would seem that the clarity of your vision is rather selective!

My views don't often stray from my fellow Chelsea bruvs :) on here but for me that's about the clearest red card you're going to see.
The ref is too far away as it was the old Klopp 'hoof and hope' ball and so sensibly has shown a yellow safe in the knowledge that he'll get a whisper in the ear if he's wrong.
Christensen should have left Mané to go on and score or better still let Kepa clear him out and take the red which, although still down to 10 men, leaves us with a decent keeper for the 2nd half! If Frank honestly believes that decision could've gone either way I can only think he must be stuck in a time warp (pre VAR) - there's just no hiding place now.
Chelsea, at the moment, showing a serious lack of experience both on and off the pitch.
It looked like a red card to me too, all I was responding to was the comments about Lampard denying it was a red card. He didn’t deny it, he just said he’s ‘seen ‘em given, he’s seen ‘em not’, which as the ref gave a yellow to start off with, seems reasonable.

It looked like a red card to me too, all I was responding to was the comments about Lampard denying it was a red card. He didn’t deny it, he just said he’s ‘seen ‘em given, he’s seen ‘em not’, which as the ref gave a yellow to start off with, seems reasonable.
I'll agree with that but only pre VAR - it seems pretty clear that they're starting to use the technology a lot more effectively now and big moments like that are now going to end up with the correct decision - I,for one, am delighted to at last see refs go and have a look at the pitchside monitor - it's taken long enough!

I'll agree with that but only pre VAR - it seems pretty clear that they're starting to use the technology a lot more effectively now and big moments like that are now going to end up with the correct decision - I,for one, am delighted to at last see refs go and have a look at the pitchside monitor - it's taken long enough!
Agreed 100%

a minor coming together :D

This is clear evidence of a dive.

In fact, Mané is so great at diving that poor innocent Christensen just got sucked into Mané's diving vortex. Seen it before - it can happen.

Either that or Mané had previously asked Christensen if he wanted to go for a piggy back ride, and they were just trying to have some fun. Hold on big fella!

Or maybe Christensen looked up, saw Kepa in goal, and simply panicked? Nah, no way. It was definitely a dive.

Either that or Mané had previously asked Christensen if he wanted to go for a piggy back ride, and they were just trying to have some fun. Hold on big fella/QUOTE]

That reminded me of a Derek and Clive sketch, no that was a dicky back ride. Sorry:D

In fact, Mané is so great at diving that poor innocent Christensen just got sucked into Mané's diving vortex. Seen it before - it can happen.

Either that or Mané had previously asked Christensen if he wanted to go for a piggy back ride, and they were just trying to have some fun. Hold on big fella!

Or maybe Christensen looked up, saw Kepa in goal, and simply panicked? Nah, no way. It was definitely a dive.

Liverpool fans are indeed a strange bunch.

Manchester City. Blessed.

Interesting choice of words. Given MC's past PL success, I can understand how their fans would feel holier than other PL team's supporters.

But there is an alternative definition which also applies to MC's CL woes. The word can also be used as an annoyance or even exasperation. For example, there wasn't a blessed thing MC could do to defeat Lyon and advance to the CL semis.

Interesting choice of words. Given MC's past PL success, I can understand how their fans would feel holier than other PL team's supporters.

But there is an alternative definition which also applies to MC's CL woes. The word can also be used as an annoyance or even exasperation. For example, there wasn't a blessed thing MC could do to defeat Lyon and advance to the CL semis.

You see you cannot understand why we feel blessed: it is nothing to do with the Champion's League, that's for sure.

Getting back to the thread's main posts. I was clear that the Mane foul was a red card - he was brought down when through and a clear goalscoring chance was denied. Being Mane, he made the most of the foul. Being Christiansen, he committed a stupid offence and gave the referee no choice; well, apart from the need to view it again which was ridiculous. The Liverpool fans, of course, threw their hands in the air, called on the footballing gods (Robbie's mates from Park Road) who have pronounced Anfield as their sacred home, and denounced the challenge as a sin, nay a rugby tackle of such epic proportions that Jonah Lomu rose again and cast Breck Road aside and declared it Blue Nose Street. How dareth they suggest that Mane may exaggerate his fall by flailing his legs like an epileptic windmill, they cried, I need to go and caress the sacred sign above the steps to ease my furrowed brow and say '6 times' hail Mary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back