advertisement

The 2020 F1 Season

Good on Lewis. I never bother with the aftermath of the race so missed it, but great to see him using the platform he excels at to speak truth to power. I suspect Merc and their sponsors need him rather more than he needs them too!

Excuse me? I never mentioned Mercedes, and I never mentioned my own views.

It was a genuine question - the Mercs tend to clear off up the road and often don't get vast amounts of TV time. If Petronas don't get their name up front and personal on the podium either, what return are they getting on their investment?

So for one set of photographs / video / streamed footage out of the past 7 seasons where they have won around 100 races, you think that they are going to find their financial investment null and void?

So for one set of photographs / video / streamed footage out of the past 7 seasons where they have won around 100 races, you think that they are going to find their financial investment null and void?

Of course not, but if i was paying X million a race to have my logo in prime position on his overalls, I'd be less than pleased for it to be deliberately covered up. (Which was my original point before Rack Kit decided that not being a fan of Lewis makes me a fully paid up member of the KKK.. )

People saying, all over the world, “I wonder what Petronas think about this?”

Great publicity. And they can just remain quiet.

Of course not, but if i was paying X million a race to have my logo in prime position on his overalls, I'd be less than pleased for it to be deliberately covered up. (Which was my original point before Rack Kit decided that not being a fan of Lewis makes me a fully paid up member of the KKK.. )

Considering the context in which it was covered up and for one day only, that's quite a statement, and I certainly wouldn't presume to think anyone at Petronas shares your point of view.

All look a bit dangerous and contrived for spectacle at times , looks like they are trying to spice it up at the risk of safety .
Formula 1 as it stands is not the place for this , even talk of reverse grids ! If viewers want this Touring cars deliver this with many methods of shaking up the running order

All look a bit dangerous and contrived for spectacle at times , looks like they are trying to spice it up at the risk of safety .
Formula 1 as it stands is not the place for this , even talk of reverse grids ! If viewers want this Touring cars deliver this with many methods of shaking up the running order
Not at all. It was just the way things happened. No need for conspiracy theories!

That's an interesting question. It also possibly puts Petronas in a position where they may not want to be, i.e. having to take/make a public position on the issue.

That's an interesting question. It also possibly puts Petronas in a position where they may not want to be, i.e. having to take/make a public position on the issue.

This Petronas thing is getting silly. Firstly Lewis has scored 109 podiums for Mercedes and that means that 108 times he has stood on the podium with the Petronas logo emblazoned across his overalls. On top of that he keeps winning and that keeps the Mercedes on the F1 pages of any publication online or otherwise and that in turn keeps the Petronas logo there too. On top of that I would imagine they will take the stance that they are proud to have their name associated with a global superstar who is standing up for human rights.

The whole argument is a non-argument and to keep going at it in this way does (as Rack Kit has pointed out) make you look like you are not entirely comfortable with BLM and the movement surrounding it. I'm not saying you are that way, just that you're making it easy to make yourself appear that way to others such as myself.

advertisement

Back