advertisement

Johnson bans Huawei from UK network

If the UK is such a brilliant country ( according to the Blonde Buffoon ) why can’t we sort out our own
network system ?
Personally, I’ve not thought this is a brilliant country for years.
We don’t even have our own motor industry...
Indeed. Surely it's an order of magnitude easier to develop our own 5G infrastructure hardware than develop our own independent satellite navigation system?

If the UK is such a brilliant country ( according to the Blonde Buffoon ) why can’t we sort out our own
network system ?
Personally, I’ve not thought this is a brilliant country for years.
We don’t even have our own motor industry...

Trouble is, that the unions payed their part and Labour handed the country on a platter to Thatcher and the rest is history.

Very pithy, I always thought "The Dirty Digger" bought the votes with t!ts on P3, a convenient war stopped a proper statesman winning an election and the rest is history.

There'll be several hundred thousand people without jobs when furlough ends. Just train 'em up. How difficult can it be to develop 5G infrastructure?

I think my business pitch is ready for a domestic network to fill in the gap.

Fixed telecoms:
ItFTnlydVo8f5Rf_Oj7w9sG_THAoIT9b_9tqW0D1gk6R_6uQ0KrOmZiqy_BbtEu4wRbCSskyAo0g2d8ZV20TWhiiaPzUujEsLLl6ClfAPKBcmh8CI8xGEhHOLyK44YitYQ

Mobile telecoms (and camera)
013%20Dodging%20a%20Million%20Edwin%20Carewe.jpg

Data
8980b2bdd4f24ccf15d645d9127b709d.jpg

Ericsson have about a hundred thousand employees, it’s not a trivial task.
And a lot of patents.
This is a expensive game to get into
The PO and later BT actually used to do research and worked with UK companies to hold valuable patents until Thatcher came along

And a lot of patents.
The PO and later BT actually used to do research and worked with UK companies to hold valuable patents until Thatcher came along

They continued to do so long after Thatcher was removed as PM (I worked for BT).

Actually of all privatisations I say that was by far the most justifiable. Excellent World-class research was done before privatisation, though often not properly exploited, and all at enormous cost to the consumer. Although it took some years for competition to really bite, it has made the essential services that underpin the economy and on which we now all depend much more affordable.

Shouldn't this subject be—

'Trump tells Johnson that if he wants that important trade deal with the USA he'd better ban Huawei from UK network'?

Stephen

So many anti-Trump comments, it is pathetic and short-sighted. He is benign in comparison and can be swatted aside by vote in the next election. He will be gone in the one after regardless. Can China?

I agree with Trump on this. I've been saying it for years. Letting China* into the UK's critical infrastructure is madness.

When the Tories announced China were going to build the UK's nuclear power stations, I thought it was crazy. But it's all part of the Tories selling off of the UK's silver.

We can trade with China as we trade with others—but what the Conservatives have done is tantamount to treasonable. Osborne and Cameron should be in jail.

Stephen

*China is not all Chinese people in the same way Israel is not all Jewish people or Brexit is not all UK people.

network system ?

Like we're building our own GPS by buying a bankrupt satellite internet company?

You just know this is money down the drain and we'll be buying into Galileo eventually.

"Dr Bleddyn Bowen, a space policy expert at the University of Leicester, told the Guardian last week it was a “tech and business gamble” that the satellites could be redesigned to allow navigation. The existing major satellite navigational systems all use satellites orbiting about 20,000km from the Earth’s surface, compared with only 1,200km for low-Earth orbits.

OneWeb’s network has been described as unsuitable for navigational purposes by the UK’s own space agency, according to internal documents cited by the Daily Telegraph. A spokesman for the agency declined to comment on the documents."

Stephen

And a lot of patents.

Yep, same as wafer fabs that a large number of are in Taiwan and China are being denied access to, if China decide to deny the West access in retaliation then the entry fee to that particular area of technology is roughly 10 billion USD per factory.

advertisement

Back