advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are reports coming in from workplaces such as the Cowley Mini plant, suggesting that there's been a large number of positive tests since the return to work.

PHE said that 43 outbreaks were reported in workplaces in the week ending 28 June. That's double the number of the previous week - I not seen figures for this week.

Interesting experience at Tesco today , no queue , no arrows to follow anymore and 2m marks removed from floors . There was no queuing for tills either just go were you wish and adjacent tills open so basically no social distancing . I was not aware the government had removed all measures to this level as basically back to pre covid ,I will be wearing a mask next time I go !

Anyone would think the 2m rule is gone - 1m plus/minus is still 2m where possible.

Cowley Mini plant, suggesting that there's been a large number of positive tests

I saw reports around 20th June the 9 workers tested +ve at the mini plant. I believe under normal circumstances about 4500 people work there. I guess ATM it is fewer.

As economic and manufacturing activity restarts, i guess we will expect to see small pockets of outbreaks.

I saw reports around 20th June the 9 workers tested +ve at the mini plant. I believe under normal circumstances about 4500 people work there. I guess ATM it is fewer.

As economic and manufacturing activity restarts, i guess we will expect to see small pockets of outbreaks.

Certainly, more worrying are the reports of failure to clean the place, lack of social distancing, agency workers being silenced etc etc - so back to normal ... just like Tesco

Gyms and swimming pools to reopen. So, at the heart of a global pandemic with a deadly virus that can survive on metal and plastic for anything up to 72 hours, is spread by aerosol droplets and ever-increasing scientific evidence suggesting straight airborne transmission is likely too the government want to reopen gyms, swimming pools etc. WTF? Are they on crack?

PS Be in no doubt. We are the herd. This government have totally given up attempting to protect us.

Local Tesco Metro full-ish. Shoppers bungy
Gyms and swimming pools to reopen. So, at the heart of a global pandemic with a deadly virus that can survive on metal and plastic for anything up to 72 hours, is spread by aerosol droplets and ever-increasing scientific evidence suggesting straight airborne transmission is likely too the government want to reopen gyms, swimming pools etc. WTF? Are they on crack?

PS Be in no doubt. We are the herd. This government have totally given up attempting to protect us.

And it has to be right type of immunity for 'herd' to work- Jury's out on that one.

Be in no doubt. We are the herd. This government have totally given up attempting to protect us.

Collectively, it's our own fault; we voted the twats in and now we have to put up with the consequences. Like you, I will be protecting myself and will abide by my own rules. Regarding Tesco, my wife said that when she went shopping yesterday, the one way system had been scrapped.

Collectively, it's our own fault; we voted the twats in and now we have to put up with the consequences. Like you, I will be protecting myself and will abide by my own rules. Regarding Tesco, my wife said that when she went shopping yesterday, the one way system had been scrapped.

I fear the next few weeks may well be the most dangerous time to date. This is the point where we test reality and either a) learn a lot of radical new science and find out there has already been widespread asymptotic spread and things are far, far safer than many of us feared, or b) the government’s actions to preserve the economy will have pushed us back into a truly deadly upward exponential curve with daily deaths peaking at previously unseen rates. We need to remember we are going into this ‘unlock’ phase with a higher daily bodycount than we went into the initial ‘lockdown’. That is sobering as all that is different is the political messaging. Everything else remains as it was.

The thing I find so terrifying is how successfully high death counts have now been normalised. I realise I am exceptionally lucky in that I exist so far off the map, have a secure business that is still able to function to a substantial degree, and I entirely lack the normal financial debts of much of the population so I can wait it out economically pretty much indefinitely, but even so I’m astonished by the political decision process that can conclude a gym is anything other than a petri dish for covid 19. Irresponsibility that just beggars belief.

The thing I find so terrifying is how successfully high death counts have now been normalised.

Was thinking exactly that this afternoon and nearly posted.... but it's almost like even in here many have become immune to it all... not a criticism of anyone specific btw.

They now seem to be a doing a Trump , open everything and hope for the best !
Personally I will be staying away from the public as much as possible , sadly no pubs or eating out

I'm trying my best to steer clear of folk but it's pretty much impossible at work- today I've been to a Prison, a care home, a pub, a cafe, a storage facility and another care home, all in various parts of the country. There is no way I'm avoiding catching this, I just hope I don't inadvertently give it to a load more.

I'm trying my best to steer clear of folk but it's pretty much impossible at work- today I've been to a Prison, a care home, a pub, a cafe, a storage facility and another care home, all in various parts of the country. There is no way I'm avoiding catching this, I just hope I don't inadvertently give it to a load more.
Are you using a shield and face mask? I think if you take precautions and nobody purposely sneezes or coughs on you that you should be ok. Nothing is 100% guaranteed except the grim reaper. I do understand your concerns though when you come across poor behaviour and the stress it causes.

Are you using a shield and face mask?

It' not really possible, working in tight confined spaces with no light, so I have a torch in my mouth with my head in an appliance most of the day.

Interestingly in all of these places none of the staff are wearing any PPE either, so needless to say I'm not accepting cups of tea etc. as I've no idea who has touched or been drinking out of the mug. Only in care homes am I seeing masks and even then it isn't all of them. Scary really considering they're all catering establishments serving food and drink to lots of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back