advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
It' not really possible, working in tight confined spaces with no light, so I have a torch in my mouth with my head in an appliance most of the day.

Interestingly in all of these places none of the staff are wearing any PPE either, so needless to say I'm not accepting cups of tea etc. as I've no idea who has touched or been drinking out of the mug. Only in care homes am I seeing masks and even then it isn't all of them. Scary really considering they're all catering establishments serving food and drink to lots of people.

Not nice, wish you well all you can do is practice good hand hygiene and avoid being too close to people. The WHO seem to feel that droplets are only a threat when coming from a cough or sneeze if within two metres.

From what I have come across over here people in restaurants and pubs etc are wearing masks (staff). But similar experiences being reported over here as per the UK on some really busy pubs where nobody is trying to do the right thing. R rate is back up over 1 today even though cases are fairly low. Another week or two will tell a tale.

Okay, so yesterday I started with a persistent chemical smell. Still got it this morning. It’s a bit like exhaust fumes. Got in the car yesterday evening and it was as though there was a leak in the petrol system, which would be odd as it’s a diesel. No idea if this is another symptom, phantosmia doesn’t seem to be associated with Covid as far as me and Dr Google can tell, but if it is, you heard it here first!

Okay, so yesterday I started with a persistent chemical smell. Still got it this morning. It’s a bit like exhaust fumes. Got in the car yesterday evening and it was as though there was a leak in the petrol system, which would be odd as it’s a diesel. No idea if this is another symptom, phantosmia doesn’t seem to be associated with Covid as far as me and Dr Google can tell, but if it is, you heard it here first!

I'd be amazed if I've got covid 19, I've not really been anywhere for weeks except the necessary weekly trip to Aldi, but for the last few days I've been smelling and tasting stale tobacco smoke. I've never smoked, we've lived here for 36 years and no-one's smoked in the house. Very odd. Maybe it's my teenage years in Leeds catching up with me: the top deck of the bus, so smokey you couldn't see one end from the other. How things have changed!

The situation in Israel is alarming, and worth paying attention to. They went at it hard and really seemed to have things well under control, and got the number of new cases a day down to 20 by mid-May. Then they relaxed the lockdown, and there has been a fifty fold increase in cases so they are going back to lockdown. This will not be over till it’s over.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/08/middleeast/israel-coronavirus-second-wave-netanyahu-intl/index.html?utm_medium=social&utm_content=2020-07-08T22:01:01&utm_term=link&utm_source=fbCNNi

The situation in Israel is alarming, and worth paying attention to. They went at it hard and really seemed to have under control, and got the number of new cases a day down to 20 by mid-May. Then they relaxed the lockdown, and there has been a fifty fold increase in cases so they are going back to lockdown. This will not be over till it’s over.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/08/middleeast/israel-coronavirus-second-wave-netanyahu-intl/index.html?utm_medium=social&utm_content=2020-07-08T22:01:01&utm_term=link&utm_source=fbCNNi

That graph is just so clear and highlights the delay in symptoms showing perfectly. Scary stuff.

The Business Insider has reported Coronavirus herd immunity may be 'unachievable' after study suggests antibodies disappear after weeks in some people https://www.businessinsider.com
  • A major new study in one of Europe's worst affected countries for the coronavirus finds no evidence of widespread immunity to the virus developing.
  • Just 5% of Spaniards were detected to have antibodies to the virus.
  • Fourteen percent of people who previously tested positive for antibodies tested negative just weeks later.
  • The study suggests people who experience mild symptoms do not have long-lasting protection.
Although there are individual success stories, like the guy in Wales who came out of critical care yesterday after three months inside, I can't find any general good news stories about Covid-19.

Those who have mild symptoms may get brain damage and die from strokes and blood clots. There is no vaccine as yet, but then there isn't one for HIV or Herpes 1 and 2. It looks like we're going to have to live with Covid-19 for a while.

What does Johnson do to celebrate - he says travellers from 70 plus countries can fly into England without being quarantined.

Why? He's let the English into pubs to get drunk. Now he wants to send them off on holiday.

I saw a photograph of Helen Mirren on a flight. She had a mask over her nose and mouth, what looked like clear ski goggles over her eyes, and metal ear muffs. which could have been headphones. I guess she had gloves on as well in her first class seat.

I don't think Ryanair will supply those.

Jack

The situation in Israel is alarming, and worth paying attention to. They went at it hard and really seemed to have things well under control, and got the number of new cases a day down to 20 by mid-May. Then they relaxed the lockdown, and there has been a fifty fold increase in cases so they are going back to lockdown. This will not be over till it’s over.

Doing quite well is just not good enough with this virus, It is beginning to look like eradication (like a handful of countries), or 'herd immunity' and 1-2% deaths.

I just cannot see any way at all how we won't be there in a few weeks ourselves unless there's some edge case scenario I am yet to understand.

Seems that Hancock is still BS-ing about testing data being made available to councils

"We are writing to raise our concerns about your statements on the Andrew Marr Show on Sunday 5 July on which you stated that councils had access to the COVID-19 data they need. This is simply not true."

Now that case numbers are much lower the efect on poorer asian households is becoming more apparent too

"There is a clustering of cases in larger multi-generational households in areas characterised by smaller terraced housing. In some ways it looks like this pattern of spread has returned to the start - smaller numbers with an index case infecting their whole family through household transmission."

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...0824a2adb043ec#block-5f0878118f0824a2adb043ec

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...0824a2adb04408#block-5f0879628f0824a2adb04408

More corrupt than Russia? More corrupt than several African States? Yea right. Self seeking attention bollocks.

How about addressing the actual question?

Are you content with the Government offering huge, un-tendered, tax-payer-funded deals to companies that Tory MPs, their families and donors receive benefit from?

Or that they are offering (un-tendered) contacts to companies with no expertise in the areas required, but are often major Tory party donors?

From our friends, Wikipedia. Political corruption is the use of powers by government officials or their network contacts for illegitimate private gain.

What would you call what the Government are doing?

FWIW I don't think we are as bad as some countries.

Stephen

The BBC are getting more and more on my tits..... not happy with just joining in with the 'more fear more viewers' MSM mantra and being a puppet of the government they have now extended this nonsense to the 'Have your say' sections of their news articles.

There is a current HYS section for the 'Only 1 in 5 people feel comfortable eating out' story and in response to a post from some mathematically challenged poster saying that the CV19 mortality rate is 0.1% and only 1 in 4000 people in the UK have it so people should get out there I entered the following reply:

"Using basic maths if the mortality rate is 0.1% and we have 50K dead (probably more in reality) then 50,000,000 must have had it which means even if only 10% of them have it now that is 1in 13 not 1 in 4000....hmmmmmm!"

The BBC deleted it as 'off topic' yet the original post stands.

The fact that I have to finance these ****s with my taxes (as that is what a TV licence is) is the icing on the cake!!!

I'd be amazed if I've got covid 19, I've not really been anywhere for weeks except the necessary weekly trip to Aldi, but for the last few days I've been smelling and tasting stale tobacco smoke. I've never smoked, we've lived here for 36 years and no-one's smoked in the house. Very odd. Maybe it's my teenage years in Leeds catching up with me: the top deck of the bus, so smokey you couldn't see one end from the other. How things have changed!

I’ve had that on and off for a few years now, I think it’s this https://www.healthline.com/health/phantosmia

T
here seems to be a pattern to it, whereby it’ll occur when I’ve eaten less for a few days and I’m in the process of losing weight.

Watching Newsnight last night I couldn't help thinking it had been gelded such was the manner of the questioning of a doc expressing concern re unlocking...
We are doomed, the only places that seem to not be taking risks are those workplaces with strong union representation.
The Government ads on TV imploring/encouraging us to get out and enjoy ourselves are quite chilling to me. Maniacs.

Watching Newsnight last night I couldn't help thinking it had been gelded such was the manner of the questioning of a doc expressing concern re unlocking...
We are doomed, the only places that seem to not be taking risks are those workplaces with strong union representation.
The Government ads on TV imploring/encouraging us to get out and enjoy ourselves are quite chilling to me. Maniacs.

Unions are all that stand between us and fascism - as it always was ;)

And now our great leader is saying 'everyone should go back to work if they can'.

From Sky...

"He said the public had followed the government's earlier mantra to "stay at home if you can", but it was now time they followed the message of "go back to work if you can".

He said it was "very important" people try to live their lives "more normally" and for people to feel "confident" to go to shops, restaurants and back to work, provided "we all follow the guidance"

Masks on in all shops and transport today in Glasgow. Scotrail giving out free masks and hand sanitiser at good humoured information desks, winning over their customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back