advertisement

Notts pfm mash-up!

Andrew C!

Been around a while....
Hi,

As a result of big tabs and me realising we went to the same nite at a local pub in Mansfield in the early 80’s, I’m putting out there if anyone from the area fancies meeting up for an anorak-chat- whatever?

I know the Oxford-area crew have tried this, but know there are several pfm’ers in the area where I’m based(North Notts).

So, any interest in a meet and chat?

Not for me, but very familiar with that pub! Especially the cheap Perspex uplighting in the dance floor.

I’m on the Notts /Derby boarder and have had great times meeting folk with the hifi affliction, usually through the Wam but it doesn’t matter which forum.
Hearing systems in other home environments is great fun

Yes.

Sounds a good idea, although I am quite shy nowadays.

I do like the idea of hearing other fishes systems, it seems the perfect way to educate my ears.

I am v close to junction 27 - M1

If the dates are right, I'd be up for this. I/we generally hold a bake off once a year, details on the wam, although we are already full to capacity.
But as I work from home, the kettle is always on for visitors (just off the A1 below Doncaster).

I was thinking of a pub meet 1st, before moving onto system listening on a future date...

somewhere quiet, I struggle to hear conversation in a noisy pub.

(I end up hearing all the conversations and listening to none)

Brown Cow at Mansfield?

I think I know it. A mate of mine used to have a party there upstairs for his students at the end of their year.

Quick glag at at the Brown Cow looks like it has gone slightly upmarket since I last went there (yonks ago)

Fine by me, not far away.

The Brown Cow is ideal for a gathering and chat. Not noisy, and a good outside space if the weather is ok.

Nice beer too. I’ll not be driving.

advertisement

Back