advertisement

AR Sound Lunar Din has landed

I had the the Lunar 5 din to 5 din then purchased the Lunar 4 din to XLR to connect pre amp to power. Ravi said improvement won't be as marked as the 5 din but the sound quality improved substantially

Hope he brings out the XLR;)

+1

Adding a Lunar from my supercap to my DV Pwr amp was 90% as good as the Lunar source to pre - it really did surprise me just what an improvement it made
Thanks for the review Muttley , im very tempted but will hold back until later in the year (new phone needed presently:rolleyes:)

This has been an interesting read. Have there been more Equilateral users in the meantime, now that the series has been expanded to Snaics?

@Muttley2 - Any indication on what the technical differences are b/w the standard Lunar & the Equilateral i.e. shielding, conductors, connector, capacitance/inductance, tolerances etc? Would be interesting to understand what technology a £190 on-cost buys over the Lunar.

Looks like they've done a bit of work from the promotional leaflets. Added a third STP cable (same type/awg), increased main shield gauge and modified DIN plug to accept the increased cable diameter. Not clear but it infers that 3 cables are joined to increase conductor area. Bit over 50% more cable for same increase in cost.

I'm not to concerned about the technical differences. However, the diference in sound for the better makes the price difference well worth the extra outlay.

Very interesting. I upgraded to a Lunar last year and was very impressed with the improvement over the standard Naim i/c. Sounds like the Lunar Equilateral is another substantial step forward.
I recently heard the new Naim Lumina and was very impressed with this over the Lunar, but at £1700 it's v expensive. If the Equilateral gets close to the Lumina, then at that price it offers very good VFM. Am tempted to order an Equilateral and borrow a Lumina at the same time to do a comparison.

Has anyone in the meantime had the possibility to compare the Naim SL interconnects to the Lunar Equilateral?

Yes - I did back to back and kept the Lunar Equilateral. Hard to tell the difference, and the price difference nailed it.

Are AR Sound still in business?
I am interested in trying a Lunar RCA to DIN interconnect but have so far failed to receive any response from the company.

Best regards, FT

Are AR Sound still in business?
I am interested in trying a Lunar RCA to DIN interconnect but have so far failed to receive any response from the company.

Best regards, FT
Hi FT,

Thanks for your interest in the Lunar cable.
sorry it seems there's some problem with the email- hope it will be solved it in the next hours. meanwhile I'll be glad to assist if your could email directly to: [email protected]

Best regards, Avi

advertisement

Back