advertisement

Rick Parfitt RIP.

Also not a fan but there are many, as Tony says above he seemed like a good enough guy who didn't take it all too seriously (apart from the charlie). RIP Rick.

Have to be honest & say I was not a massive fan, but seeing them live back in '69/70 I think was one of the first gigs I attended & enjoyed that, especially "Pictures of Matchstick Men".
Always sad when someone who touches many people pass, RIP Rick.

I loved the Quo when I was 15 or so and followed them about for a year or so seeing one of their farewell concerts at Milton Keynes Bowl along with Gary Glitter, Marillion, Nazareth.

Sad day, he was a proper entertainer and rock and roll legend with his Porsches, Snow and girls.

RIP Rick, I will have a Quo playlist today in your honour.

I wasn't a huge fan UNTIL I stated to get serious about electric guitar and tried to copy him....not as easy as he made it look.

Down Down's a great tune.

I'm pulling out the Tele as I type this!

Wow this year has been heavy on the rock scene
Saw them long ago when I was a jean clad fan and "Piledriver" was always on the turntable
RIP

Not a massive fan but seen them many times live and they still put a lot into it considering how long they have going . The chemistry between Parfitt and Rossi was great and he will be missed

As others have said, not a fan but he seemed a genuine bloke and Quo entertained a lot of people over the years.
RIP.

Why do folk have to tell us they weren't a fan? He was a great guitarist and The Quo were a superb band, deserving of respect. RIP Rick.

The Quo was my first gig at the age of 12 (1982) at the NEC, the night before Charles and Diane saw them. The one they released in the Blue tin.
My tastes have moved on but 'Down Down' is still one of my all time favourites.
RIP.

Quo were one of the only bands of the old guard, that John Peel still had time for; he even included a track from them in his Fabric Mix. Respect and R.I.P. Rick.

advertisement

Back