advertisement

Nytech Audio / Ion Systems Appreciation Thread

Hi Guys,

Just picked up a Nytech CXA 252 a quick question before it arrives can i use it as a normal power amplifier and can i use any speaker with it namely cheap pair of tannoys and teac just to try.?

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Just picked up a Nytech CXA 252 a quick question before it arrives can i use it as a normal power amplifier and can i use any speaker with it namely cheap pair of tannoys and teac just to try.?

Thanks

The CXA is an active crossover with a Stereo Power Amplifiers inside. It works only with a CA252. With this combination you can drive the ARC Loudspeakers in an active mode. I think, Linn Kaans were also possible .....

The CA 252 is driving the left (or right channel) with bass/mid and tweeter, the CXA is driving the right (or left channel) with bass/mid and tweeter.

Try to get a CA 252 and a pair of ARC 050's .... You will have big fun listening to this setup :D:rolleyes::cool:

Hi Guys,

Thanks
It is possible to use the CXA just as a power amp.

Pull out the crossover boards to reveal 4 x 3 pin molex connectors.
The centre pins of the outer molex connectors are the audio inputs from the din plugs. If you connect these to the HF and LF out on the main board feeding the power amp modules you will effectively have a normal stereo power amplifier.

Dont throw the crossover board away. Theyre like gold dust! and the CXA is worth a lot more with it - If you do get hold of a CA252 or CTA252 receiver and set up an active system as described by NRWler above you will understand why :)

We're going to be putting up most of the classic kit circuit diagrams on the website soon now we've finally got them together. I'll post here to let people know they're up.

If you want the CXA circuit diagrams PM me with an e-mail address and I'll send them to you.

Hi,
I’m new here. I have a Nytech CP 122 (MM) and a CPA 602 S, bought in 1985 at „Musik im Raum“, Wiesbaden, Germany. The CP 122 is functioning well, the CPA 602 S has a defect (just happened this year).
I want to sell both amps on eBay(?) – just to let you know in advance.

Greetings from Germany
Hi,
just opened eBay auction for the CP 122 & CPA 602s.

Greetings

Hi,
just opened eBay auction for the CP 122 & CPA 602s.

Greetings

I'd best steer clear of ebay for a bit then, unless I build an extension thus giving me another room in which to justify putting together yet another Nytech system. If it had the EXO x-over with it it'd definitely be too good an opportunity to miss....

How strange: I use the Ebay app for Window phone8 & even setting it to include listings firstly from Europe and secondly Worldwide, as opposed to the default setting of on ebay.co.uk / U.K only; it still fails to find these listings from ebay.de - I wonder what else I'm missing out on....!

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Did you already try on a PC/with a browser?

Good Luck

My only internet access is via windows phone - haven't actually found no longer having PC access inconvenient at all; I've found that windows phone 8 OS allows me to do everything I need surprisingly well & until now I've yet to find any reason to retrieve my PC from my parents house. It's far more convenient using the ebay app than internet browser, however judging by this I'm not so sure this is the best way to do it after all & maybe using a browser would be better. Strange though that setting the app to incl worldwide listings still omits those from ebay.de.

My only internet access is via windows phone - haven't actually found no longer having PC access inconvenient at all; I've found that windows phone 8 OS allows me to do everything I need surprisingly well & until now I've yet to find any reason to retrieve my PC from my parents house. It's far more convenient using the ebay app than internet browser, however judging by this I'm not so sure this is the best way to do it after all & maybe using a browser would be better. Strange though that setting the app to incl worldwide listings still omits those from ebay.de.

I installed the eBay app on my Windows Phone 8, too. No problem to find both amps from here...

If i do a search for nytech using the windows phone8 ebay app, then go 'refine' & change 'item location' to 'worldwide', it fails to find this listing from ebay.de. So changing the search parameter to worldwide item location must find only those listings from countries outside the UK where the seller has chosen to include their listing on eBay.co.uk. I've never sold anything on ebay so don't know for sure how this works, however based on what I'm experiencing here, I'm assuming that when listing an item for sale you must get the choice to list either just on ebay.your country OR (probably at greater expense) ebay.everywhere else. Because if i go into settings on the app and change 'site settings' from ebay.co.uk to ebay.de, the search turns up these amps absolutely fine. Either that or the seller has to choose to make the item available to countries other than their own in order for it to be found by a search run other countries. Therefore to do a complete worldwide search it is necessary to run the search for the chosen item for each country that has its own ebay.co.?? site individually, changing the app settings to suit every time. So i definitely have been missing out, but probably only on items that aren't listed as being available for purchase outside the seller's home country. Or something like that...

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
And on that note a search of ebay.com for IMF / TDL speakers available (I'm guessing) only within the US throws up some very interesting results.... My regular ebay searches have just got a whole lot more involved!

If i do a search for nytech using the windows phone8 ebay app, then go 'refine' & change 'item location' to 'worldwide', it fails to find this listing from ebay.de. So changing the search parameter to worldwide item location must find only those listings from countries outside the UK where the seller has chosen to include their listing on eBay.co.uk. I've never sold anything on ebay so don't know for sure how this works, however based on what I'm experiencing here, I'm assuming that when listing an item for sale you must get the choice to list either just on ebay.your country OR (probably at greater expense) ebay.everywhere else. Because if i go into settings on the app and change 'site settings' from ebay.co.uk to ebay.de, the search turns up these amps absolutely fine. Either that or the seller has to choose to make the item available to countries other than their own in order for it to be found by a search run other countries. Therefore to do a complete worldwide search it is necessary to run the search for the chosen item for each country that has its own ebay.co.?? site individually, changing the app settings to suit every time. So i definitely have been missing out, but probably only on items that aren't listed as being available for purchase outside the seller's home country. Or something like that...

Thanks for your comments. Indeed, seems, that the amps are only offered on eBay.de, although I confirmed shipping within the EU. Strange, that was not my intention, as I am aware, that more potential buyers might be located outside Germany. Just checked, whether extending buyers base is possible when the auction is already running, but seems to be not possible. If someone knows better, please give me a hint. I am not an eBay expert. Thanks

Thus, if anyone is interested, check ebay.de. I will ship the cp 122/cpa 602s also outside Germany/ within the EU.

Greetings

For those wanting active or following this thread... You may find this interesting...

Check out this item I found on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=251751009401&alt=web

Did posting this on here prompt someone to buy it or did the listing just run it's course: can't remember how long the add was for and when it was due to end. This system sold as an auction back along for £400 + postage then reappeared a couple weeks later listed by the winner of the auction as a buy it now. Emailed the (new) seller asking why it was back up for sale because seeing something come straight back on eBay like this usually means there's a fault with it & someone's bought it, realised it's knackered & just stuck it back on eBay to try recouping their money by offloading it on some other poor unsuspecting buyer, however the (recent) seller said he was selling it on only because it didn't suit his taste in music (rock & reggae) & lacked the bass he was used to with his current JBL speakers and (compared with the CTA he used to own) lacked tone ctrls or a loudness contour that would (he said) have made up for the perceived lack of bass. He assured me it was all in good working order (unlike the CA/CXA/101 system I bought recently which most definitely is not) so congratulations to the buyer (if there is one & it isn't just that the add had run its course) it looks like they've bought a good'un there...

I'm just listening to a brand new pair of ARC 102's with new Nytech Amps in active mode ....

You won't get it for 500€ .... but its worth to listen to it .......:):D

advertisement

Back