advertisement

What funny speakers you have!

speakers maybe my next adventure muz :D but ill live with the Arcs for a while. wilson benesch's have a quality i've yet to find in any other speaker

Yeah keep the speakers im sure they sound as good as they look!
You can do the 2+2 fullrange thing at your leisure, theres a lot of very low frequency on the stuff you enjoying listening to, some of its probably gone a bit awol with just the Arcs. 2+2 is something to look forward too! exciting times ahead for you :)

yerp i agree. will be interesting to see how quickly i go 2+2 or not... i'm trying to wait till we move. ideally into a detached house again :D

yerp i agree. will be interesting to see how quickly i go 2+2 or not... i'm trying to wait till we move. ideally into a detached house again:D

If you can get a demo at home 2+2, ive only heard the bigger corner subs not the single driver subs which i dont thing get the last the octave like the bigger subs do. Super silly, fast and dynamic sound with the subs balanced right though:D And of course you can get great sound in small of large rooms, something which you cant do with big ported speakers normally, looking forward to hearing your impressions of the TDA when it arrives.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned they instantly know when a bit of music is live vs reproduced (no thinking or analysis of any kind required.) Are there folks here who can't tell if a street musician is actually playing a real guitar regardless of the number of walls or closed windows between them without thinking for a moment? Perhaps some of us do have an ability that others lack where the best hifis do not fool us.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned they instantly know when a bit of music is live vs reproduced (no thinking or analysis of any kind required.) Are there folks here who can't tell if a street musician is actually playing a real guitar regardless of the number of walls or closed windows between them without thinking for a moment? Perhaps some of us do have an ability that others lack where the best hifis do not fool us.

I agree that there is a shock of recognition you get when you hear real music being played in an unexpected place, such as on the street, that is instantly distinguishable from reproduced music.

Yank,

I assumed it was something natural...kind of like breathing. Perhaps not judging from some of the posts earlier today after SQ's post #110.

regards,

dave

I think a huge part of this is the dynamics of live music which most audio systems dont come close to being able to mimic. Great big speakers would help!

f'ugly beasts IMHO, but then most big speakers are. i know its shouldn't really matter as its an audio thing but when spending a decent amount of dosh (£2K+) there really shouldn't be any compromises

Big Tannoys take some getting used to, but I don't think they look out of place in a living room any more so than a big piano does.

In any case, all it takes is careful arrangement of plants or audio nerds and they simply disappear. Look at this picture. Did you even see them?

OK, now you do, as I've told you what to look for, but they were invisible up to that point.

Tannoy_setup.jpg

highend07_32.jpg

Joe

r-tee,

Most Prestige Tannoy users get the little supertweeters to make their big speakers look cute. Frogs do the same thing and it works splendidly.

red-eyed-tree-frogs-615.jpg

Joe

I have a feeling I'd like Tannoys from what you chaps tell me about the sound as well as their damn good looks. I hate hifi gear that tries to look like some mamby-pamby's "Object d'art." Give me wide baffle monoliths and non-rebated driver mounts any day over sickly little Lifestyle shoeboxes.

Tannoys look like they have the gumption to get up and do what needs to be done.

advertisement

Back