advertisement

Hi-Fi Racks are no longer in business by the looks of it

IWC Doppel

pfm Member
I have tried to order some legs this week and the web site down, no reponse and no call back from messages. The address now says permanently closed.....

A friend of mine found an alternative source of legs for these tables though I think he needed to adapt them a little. I’ll see if I can get details from him. They were well priced too.

no they were beautifully made and very reasonably priced considering the workmanship and materials . wood is very very expensive now and prices gone through the roof recently

I needed a new shelf for my hi fi racks podium recently and it came out at about 270 including legs etc, seems great vfm to me. many companies charge a lot more

I am going to post a longer pair of black legs to my brother who has a decent table saw and then shorten, I am in the process of making a new top as my tops are very old and different to the later tops as they have a 5mm central black inlay. Sad new really, they do sound good when set up properly as solid

Their Instagram feed dropped off a while back and for a few posts was going under the name of 'Myro Hifi furniture' this seems to have disappeared now as well.

Their racks well generally made from Oak (sometimes walnut) work top materials and then painted or stained, these are made from short pieces spliced and glued.
The price of real wood (and most materials) has increased three fold.
I spent £2.5k on 40mm Walnut to do our kitchen worktops, we were quoted £5.5k upwards for granite or quartz, and it's not a big kitchen.

Perhaps their dealer network might have some residual stocks, if people are looking to get extra bits for an existing rack?

If you're looking for a new rack, I think the Lateral Audio stuff performs well and looks good.

Are they the people who made racks that (and I hope I’m not being too unkind here) looked like they were from Oak Furnitureland? But with £hundreds price tags?
Their racks were, i think, made from kitchen work surface like materials. Good, but did look like kitchen top.
Their pricing was a bit nuts. Especially for extras.
Order times daft too. I ordered a set of legs and it took 8 weeks.
I said it was a " 5 minute job", but they insisted there were plenty of orders in front of min. But as they took money up front, i guess they didnt care.

advertisement

Back