advertisement

MC cart wanted

Cor, how much is that mister? 😂

I’d be suggesting £1500 for that. I bought it brand new a couple of months ago, fitted it to one table and have probably barely done 50-60 hours on it, but I say 100 to be sensible.

I’d be suggesting £1500 for that. I bought it brand new a couple of months ago, fitted it to one table and have probably barely done 50-60 hours on it, but I say 100 to be sensible.
That's a lot of cartridge for the money.

I have an unused bnib Zu Denon 103 I could part with, it’s 2-3yrs been sat in its box. I’ll need to check exact version this evening if of any interest?

I have an unused bnib Zu Denon 103 I could part with, it’s 2-3yrs been sat in its box. I’ll need to check exact version this evening if of any interest?
Ok, what I have here is ZU/DL-103R Mk11 Grade -1

Tested & Measured by Sean Casey on 26/09/2021

At the time I was looking at backup for my Grade -2 Prime, currently still in use on my tonearm, and costing a lot more. Could not find one anywhere and Zu had none in stock so was tipped off about a seller in EU who had the one described above BNIB (the Grade -1 one) so I grabbed that.

As it’s turned out my t/t useage has decreased a lot over last couple of years so my -2 Prime is still perfectly fine for my needs with loads of hours left on it.

On Zu website the grade -1 is priced at $1,159 (£915 approx) and I assume shipping and customs duty/tax etc would add at least 25% to that landed in UK?

There’s the age of course 2.5yrs but still brand new never been removed from packaging so I’m thinking I would like £795 to include RMSD insured in UK.

Fully boxed with all paperwork.
Cheers
Steve

Ps Zu keep very low stock on these considering the whole world buys from them.
They have 4 grade -1 left in stock and no stock of -2 Prime even if I wanted one at $1,749 + import tax, shipping etc!

Continuing the run on Hana, I have an ML with around 150 hours use. Bought new in February '23. I've no idea how to price this. Say £600, 40% off rrp? PM if of interest.

So many fabulous options here, thankyou. I will have a read through and make a couple of decisions, some other great news has come from this thread - I’m getting a new 0.08 x 0.08 orbray microridge fitted to the MC-1x by Groovetickler. :)

Excellent, make a thread and report back! Loads of tempting carts in this thread, I have to stop myself opening it every five minutes.

I’m getting a new 0.08 x 0.08 orbray microridge fitted to the MC-1x by Groovetickler.
I can understand your excitement but could you maybe type this a bit slower and more accurately! Have you bought a refurbished cartridge? I thought it was a Denon 103R you had issues with.

I can understand your excitement but could you maybe type this a bit slower and more accurately! Have you bought a refurbished cartridge? I thought it was a Denon 103R you had issues with.

I have three Yamaha Mc-1X cartridges which I adore(d) two of the unibody ‘X’ version, one of the normal aluminium body ‘S’ version.

One X has lost its diamond and Groovetickler is going to replace that with tiny Orbray 0.08 x 0.08mm microridge stylus.

Another X has no cantilever so he’s going to have a look at options with that one.

The third ‘S’ version also has no cantilever, so again he’ll look at the options with this one.

The Midas bodied 103R has a bent cantilever, so he’s going to look at straightening this for €50.

So that’s the old ones hopefully taken care of, and I’ll write a thread about the experience when the time comes.

I have yet to buy another cart from here - I will read through options over the weekend and see what’s still available.

I have three Yamaha Mc-1X cartridges which I adore(d) two of the unibody ‘X’ version, one of the normal aluminium body ‘S’ version.

One X has lost its diamond and Groovetickler is going to replace that with tiny Orbray 0.08 x 0.08mm microridge stylus.

Another X has no cantilever so he’s going to have a look at options with that one.

The third ‘S’ version also has no cantilever, so again he’ll look at the options with this one.

The Midas bodied 103R has a bent cantilever, so he’s going to look at straightening this for €50.

So that’s the old ones hopefully taken care of, and I’ll write a thread about the experience when the time comes.

I have yet to buy another cart from here - I will read through options over the weekend and see what’s still available.

I use an MC-5 and it is wonderful, is the MC-1 a decent step up?

Thanks, well now I know but the “Orbray 0.08 x 0.08mm microridge stylus” is still a mystery to me. Maybe it’s something new that he offers. I’m sure you will be delighted with his work.

I found it, Orbray used to be Namiki. Apologies for slighting your typing!

advertisement

Back