advertisement

Germany sees sense and legalises cannabis

That's a poor argument. Running a red light on a bike was also prevalent in Glasgow, should that be made legal.
Isn’t it more a case of what they choose to enforce? Where limited resources are spent? Lots of back door relaxation of so called rules.

Isn’t it more a case of what they choose to enforce? Where limited resources are spent? Lots of back door relaxation of so called rules.
FRANK_drug_image_poppers.jpg

It’s not an argument, it’s an observation. To compare the ubiquity of cannabis use, despite its illegality, to cyclists going through red lights is absurd.
A comparison to highlight that the ubiquity of cannabis use should not mean it should be legal.
TBH I think it shoud be legalised, but not because its use is commonplace.

Cannabis is incredibly widespread but driving under the influence of drugs now exceeds alcohol . It can really affect people and i know a number who smoke it .bad move to legalise it
Because of drug driving or other reasons?

A comparison to highlight that the ubiquity of cannabis use should not mean it should be legal.
TBH I think it shoud be legalised, but not because its use is commonplace.
It’s an indication that prohibition has failed- comprehensively -and that alternative approaches should be considered, because alternative approaches are available.

There is little alternative to stop collisions on a crossroad or crossing but to enforce measures that regulate the flow of traffic.

Only reason I can ascertain for it having been illegal so long is to protect alcohol producers. Otherwise take a look at experience in the USA where about half the states decriminalised it. There are some risks, though arguably fewer than with alcohol, these are easier to manage if legal than if underground.

Cannabis is incredibly widespread but driving under the influence of drugs now exceeds alcohol . It can really affect people and i know a number who smoke it .bad move to legalise it
Cannabis is widely consumed, legally or otherwise. Driving under the influence of cannabis exists. Its illegal status does not prevent this.

When I was a kid, drink driving was common. Over the last few decades it has become much more socially unacceptable. However, it still persists in a minority of drivers. Alcohol is not the problem, it’s the reckless and selfish attitudes of drunk drivers that is the issue to be addressed.

advertisement

Back