advertisement

Does anyone have a vinyl only system?

JezmondTutu

pfm Member
I stream loads of music but it’s mostly in the car, in the kitchen and in the log cabin using my second system. Nearly always I play records on my main system as I love the whole experience.

So wondering nowadays how rare a vinyl only Fishy is?

I have always been vinyl until a few years ago when I acquired a Sonos Amp. I now stream Spotify through my hi-fi system 50 percent of the time. I have my Spotify settings as specified on the Lejonklou forum and I’m getting nice results.

I sold my cd player about 15 years ago during the advent of streaming. I have yet to add a streamer, in part due to all new releases I’m interested in being available on vinyl.

I have always been vinyl until a few years ago when I acquired a Sonos Amp. I now stream Spotify through my hi-fi system 50 percent of the time. I have my Spotify settings as specified on the Lejonklou forum and I’m getting nice results.
What are those settings?

Me, until a couple of months ago when I got a Wiim pro plus for what seemed to be about a round of drinks!
vinyl only since the late 70s. Made a big mistake about 7 years ago when I took about 10, 90s albums to a SH vinyl shop not realising they were worth money. Luckily stuff like Badly Drawn Arse and Pearl Jam.
Don’t think I’ve played a record since the Wiim showed up. No doubt the time will come and either I will be really chuffed or I will flog the lot.

Me, until a couple of months ago when I got a Wiim pro plus for what seemed to be about a round of drinks!
vinyl only since the late 70s. Made a big mistake about 7 years ago when I took about 10, 90s albums to a SH vinyl shop not realising they were worth money. Luckily stuff like Badly Drawn Arse and Pearl Jam.
Don’t think I’ve played a record since the Wiim showed up. No doubt the time will come and either I will be really chuffed or I will flog the lot.
Before you flog the lot bear in mind that there might be a big step forward in vinyl playback quality soon.

I say that as someone who used to stream 50% of the time but has all but given that up.

So wondering nowadays how rare a vinyl only Fishy is?
I'm about a good 90% vinyl I guess. I'll play the occasional CD and I almost never stream - I really hate not having the artwork and the CD booklets are little better. I find that I'll not know even who the musicians are and I end up with little interest in the recording. CDs and streaming are for when I'm too tired or for background. As for many modern CDs...

I'm pretty much much 100% vinyl at home , ( with the exception of radio ) . I do subscribe to Spotify but only tend to use it in the car ,

I've tried streaming at home but it just doesn't do it for me .

By the way: front room LP’s (I have a CD player but not used it for a year or more)
Kitchen/Dining room - FM radio and iPad
Car - CD, FM radio and Sony music player (NWZ….)
Similar, but:

Vinyl in the music room. But also have a Oppo multi-disc player. Have Bluesound Node2i and a Weiss DAC but as I’ve already said, vinyl is played nearly all the time.

Kitchen/dining room is x2 Sonos Play Ones. Makes it really easy for the family and friends to play their music. Voice activated which is great for adding to the shopping list and calling the kids down to dinner plus the sound pretty good too!

Cabin has AVI ADM9t’s with a Wiim Mini. Smart plugs on the active speakers, again easy to use for the family with Airplay etc.

Car has Carplay that I fitted (old BMW Pro Nav screen replacement) & works brilliantly.

advertisement

Back