advertisement

Luke Littler

The whole darts "extravaganza" amused me.
The "gladiatorial entrances" of the contestants, like those of champion heavyweight boxers, was ridiculous.
Cheerleaders? Yes for American Football, but for a pub game?
That said, I will admit to having had a look now and again.
I was really impressed on Tuesday, when I saw young Luke faced in one leg, with a 132 finish.
He did it with two bulls and a double 16.

I think the enormity of it all got to him last night.

I find the sniffy attitude to darts very troubling, it’s definitely elitist in nature. I really don’t think people understand how much skill & tactics are involved in the game. The fat shaming is also pretty grim, I suppose everyone on here is some kind of bronzed Adonis?

Top level elite sport is bloody hard but there’s always people questioning their intellect etc.

Time to grow up & recognise that people have different skills & are able to achieve great things with it.

Unbelievably mature performance from a very talented (almost) 17 year old but without wishing to take anything away from him Luke Snr. was phenomenal, an unprecedented number of 180s, quite a few sensational finishes and consistently higher scoring earned him the victory.

I find the sniffy attitude to darts very troubling, it’s definitely elitist in nature. I really don’t think people understand how much skill & tactics are involved in the game. The fat shaming is also pretty grim, I suppose everyone on here is some kind of bronzed Adonis?

Top level elite sport is bloody hard but there’s always people questioning their intellect etc.

Time to grow up & recognise that people have different skills & are able to achieve great things with it.
Work ethic of darts and snooker players is of the highest standard.

Ironically Steve Beaton used to be called 'The Bronzed Adonis' by Sid Waddell. I remember he must have called him that about twenty times, then came back after a break and never said it again. Someone must have 'ad a word in 'is shell-like.

Unbelievably mature performance from a very talented (almost) 17 year old but without wishing to take anything away from him Luke Snr. was phenomenal, an unprecedented number of 180s, quite a few sensational finishes and consistently higher scoring earned him the victory.
He played better, pushed Luke Jr at the right times and rightfully came out on top. I feel a little sorry for him as the winner because half the questions are about the guy he vanquished.
Littler though - amazing talent for a young lad.

I disagree.

Darts is really a pub game, to be enjoyed between friends. Nothing wrong with that.

The problem for it, is that it has sometimes been associated with drunkenness and it can all get out of hand leading to a less than pleasant experience for other pub goers. The behaviour of some at this tournament might put some people off it.
I quite enjoy a game of darts on a few occasions, on warm summer evenings at the bottom of our garden with family or friends.

I can be, "well prepared for it."

Work ethic of darts and snooker players is of the highest standard.

Ironically Steve Beaton used to be called 'The Bronzed Adonis' by Sid Waddell. I remember he must have called him that about twenty times, then came back after a break and never said it again. Someone must have 'ad a word in 'is shell-like.
Steve Beaton is still known as ‘The Bronzed Adonis’ as viewers of this year‘s competition will attest…

Probably a good thing in the longer term.
not for me, I had a largish bet on him at 22/1 - ah well... what might have been if he hadn't miscounted and got the second treble 18, 18 and tops was the shot and he never got another chance after that

I disagree.

Darts is really a pub game, to be enjoyed between friends. Nothing wrong with that.

The problem for it, is that it has sometimes been associated with drunkenness and it can all get out of hand leading to a less than pleasant experience for other pub goers. The behaviour of some at this tournament might put some people off it.
I quite enjoy a game of darts on a few occasions, on warm summer evenings at the bottom of our garden with family or friends.

I can be, "well prepared for it."

Disagree all you like but you are plain wrong. I used to play football in the park with my son but I don't equate that to those who do it for a living.

advertisement

Back