advertisement

[FS] Epos ES 22 speakers

mbu

pfm Member
Great speakers. Owned by me since 98. Bought new then. Used in rotation with other speakers. Look lovely. Fabulous condition. Sound superb. Boxed , manual, original receipt. Pick up from Edinburgh.
You can listen and then help me box up.
£395 . These would cost at least £3k to equal these days . Pm for more information.
https://postimg.cc/gallery/ZRxvxn2

Last edited:
Bargain, would love these, but sadly wrong end of the country….don’t suppose a decent courier is an option?

IMG-0294.jpg
IMG-0293.jpg

IMG-0295.jpg

IMG-0296.jpg

Are these single, bi-wire or tri-wire? And do they come both bases and/or spikes?
They are triwire. With spikes. Pita using single wire , as I am. Can send pic of my connections. No bases. They are sat on old heavy b&q slabs just now. Argos granite chopping boards do the job too.

Bargain, would love these, but sadly wrong end of the country….don’t suppose a decent courier is an option?
Would be a last resort . Carer for my mother who stays nearby. I'm basically on call 24/7.
So waiting about all day for a courier pick up is an issue.

The M22 was a later version. Possibly after Creek bought Epos ? Not nearly as nice looking for sure. Sound ?
Google perhaps. Be much more on es22s.
I think there was M22i too.

Literally one of the best loudspeakers ever made.
Ooh! Back in the 80's I had the chance to pick these up brand new at a knock down price when Epos ceased to trade. I thought they would sound fantastic since my mate had a pair of the baby ES14's However after audition I just did not get on with them sounding much more punchy than the 14's ever could. So I left empty handed & the guy could not believe I turned down such offer. Looking back likely a bad mistake. I could have easily sold them on if not to my liking at home.

Be the 2000s surely. Es 22s came out around 96 ish. The 11s and 14s were around well before the 22s though.
Cant remember if Epos went bust ? I thought they were just bought over by Creek ?

Thank goodness for that. I have family in Edinburgh and kept wanting to pull the trigger - but I don’t have a system to attach them to (nor a room)

Do you know I have never, ever, ever, heard a pair of Epos?! How have I got to 50yo without ever hearing a pair?!

Thank goodness for that. I have family in Edinburgh and kept wanting to pull the trigger - but I don’t have a system to attach them to (nor a room)
I feel the same. My neighbours would not have had the same appreciation as me for the bass these produce.

I’ve had ES11 and 14 and they were good (especially for the secondhand price) but not as amazing as I’d expected given the rave reviews on this site.
But then I felt the same about Yamaha NS1000 when I tried them!
The good thing about them all was I didn’t lose anything selling them on

Do you know I have never, ever, ever, heard a pair of Epos?! How have I got to 50yo without ever hearing a pair?!

you should, the es22 in particular are lovely. I had a pair and then “upgraded” to the ES30. I regretted that choice, the ES30 wasn’t as musical as the smaller es22.

I’m In Edinburgh and was oddly tempted! But would be a nonsense purchase next to my Harbeths lol

advertisement

Back