advertisement

Cricket 2023

There's no doubt that the hot dry summer has been a leveller in this series but we're now depending on the Manchester weather to keep the series alive :eek::eek::eek::eek:

And we limp over the line. Fantastic Carey drop!

Woakes did well in the end with the bst, but rode his bloomin luck at every turn in that inngs. Wood's very useful tail ender- that's defo really great. I prefer to not remember Brook's inngs after yet another pathetic baseball end. Gifted, but daft as a ruddy brush.

Thank goodness for our bowlers Wood Woakes & Broad. With the huge help of the weather, they won us this test.

England well may have had a little luck at the end, but let's not forget that if a couple of catches had been made in the 1st innings we could have been chasing 100 less runs. Really sets up the next test, looking forward to it already.

I'd bring Tongue back over Jimmy who has looked all of his 73 years. And more concerned about who is going to bat at #3. Will be a lot of talk of bringing Foakes in for YJB, but will be surprised if they do it as they don't like dropping their "core" players.

It would greatly help if England were allowed to field 12 players :)

Mmm I said have faith in Brooks;), and Woakes is a lovely cricketer. Anderson back for Robinson for Old Trafford. They won’t change anything else.

I'd certainly bring Foakes back but in truth there's several higher up in the order who haven't delivered so far. I appreciate that Australia are very good indeed but some of the shots played by England batsmen at certain times have either been poor judgement or perhaps just nerves - you can leave the bouncers from time to time? Would love to see someone build an innings and then open up but that doesn't seem to be in our DNA anymore? As for new additions, are Sibley and Burns not on selectors radar anymore?

Phew. That was intense.

I'd bank on Sir James being allowed his Ashes Swansong at Old Trafford (it's the last one there until 2035 at least - jeepers - what a scary thought)

Agree with the Foakes choice. Always rated him as a keeper and he's half decent with the bat too.

He also has that jibber jabber thing going on that gets into peoples heads. JB doesn't chatter that much - he just stares daggers.

Time for a change. Will they dare though?

advertisement

Back
Top Bottom