advertisement

Witch Hat Audio ceases trading

fergch

pfm Member
Just seen this...

After nine years, we are absolutely devastated to say that WITCH HAT has had to close its doors and cease trading. We've loved working with all of you and thank each and every one of you for the support you have shown us during this time. Insolvency Practitioners are being appointed and will advise on all next steps. Our goal is for everyone to get their amps back and for no one to be left out of pocket. We will do everything possible to ensure this happens!

On the WITCH HAT website.

Hard times fo many.

Just read this on Naim Forum. Quick Google to see if its true... Have they really gone out of business? So sad to hear if it is true. I always had great service from them especially during 2020 Covid lock down.

Loved their Phantom Speaker Cable as an alternative to NAC A5. It would have been very difficult if I tried to use NAC A5 behind some very tight TV/display cabinets.

I wonder what went wrong – it seems strange as they had great products and a very dedicated even fanatical following.
I bought a Morgana 552 burndy recently from them, and although there was a two to three week delay, I had very good email contact with them.

It’s a sad day for them and their staff and annoying for anyone who bought items in their Easter sale – it seems unlikely that they were not financially viable, unless they did something silly investment wise or worse – but that’s all speculation that doesn’t help anyone.

.sjb

I wonder what went wrong – it seems strange as they had great products and a very dedicated even fanatical following.
I bought a Morgana 552 burndy recently from them, and although there was a two to three week delay, I had very good email contact with them.

It’s a sad day for them and their staff and annoying for anyone who bought items in their Easter sale – it seems unlikely that they were not financially viable, unless they did something silly investment wise or worse – but that’s all speculation that doesn’t help anyone.

.sjb
It seems highly likely that they were not financially viable. If they had been soundly run they wouldn’t have had to ask customers to pay upfront in order to be able to buy the reel of Spectre cable.

Businesses have a strong habit of reviving phoenix-like from ruin. So you never know if it will return in some guise... or someone will pick up the customer list and technical details (I hesitate to call it intellectual property) and try to make a go of it - could be someone else in the industry could bolt it on to their business.

If the business was asking for cash up front then it is (was!) running under-capitalised anyway.

Sad to hear this. Had my system serviced a couple of years ago with their upgraded regulators in my SNAPSs.

The system interconnects are their Morgana and Phantom speaker cables.

Looks like I'll have find someone else to service my 160:(

Very sad indeed.

Pretty much the only 3rd party Naim servicing agent anybody would go to and few other viable options. I'm glad I can do my own!

They will be missed!

Very sad indeed.

Pretty much the only 3rd party Naim servicing agent anybody would go to and few other viable options. I'm glad I can do my own!

They will be missed!

What you talking about? There are several other 3rd party companies of very high repute that can do Naim servicing and upgrades.

advertisement

Back