advertisement

Witch Hat Audio ceases trading

The problem is if you have trashed the company's good reputation

Well they are creating their bad reputation themself, due to amateurish and insufficient customer support.
An obvious result of non qualified management.
There have been other examples of such issue previously.

Has anyone seen their recent Facebook posts? They went off on a jolly to the Munich hifi show last week and nobody was home to answer emails ("We have now returned from High End and I will be going through the emails today. Drop me a private message and I can assist with your query."). Where did the money to pay for that trip come from?

Unfortunately some poor sod loses out when a manufacturer/repairer goes out of business. They must have, at some point, been taking people’s business knowing they couldn’t deliver. Not nice all round.

Poor form if they went to Munich on company funds.

Cheers BB

Well they are creating their bad reputation themself, due to amateurish and insufficient customer support.

Yes... that was what I was saying .... that they themselves have buggered the brand for anyone else to use.

If the "good" staff there wish to go on they will have to start up a new company under a new name and build a reputation anew.

Yes... that was what I was saying .... that they themselves have buggered the brand for anyone else to use.

If the "good" staff there wish to go on they will have to start up a new company under a new name and build a reputation anew.
And operate from a lock-up, keeping overheads low.

As far as I understand Avondale Black Link and WH N2 speaker cable are very similar.

Shouldn't be difficult for other companies to create their own "Phantom, Morgana or Spectre" cables.
In the end it doesn't matter what name/number cables have.

It ain't necessarily so...with good marketing and a professional management team...WH can be turned around...no guarantees but it is possible.

Even with new management I still wouldn’t purchase anything from them. They stole my money and that’s not good as far as I’m concerned.

I filed a dispute with Visa (US) today. I was told a credit would be issued promptly. I wonder if US residents have more protection than UK residents? Hope everyone effected gets compensation, especially those that sent them equipment for servicing.

I filed a dispute with Visa (US) today. I was told a credit would be issued promptly. I wonder if US residents have more protection than UK residents? Hope everyone effected gets compensation, especially those that sent them equipment for servicing.
I doubt there’ll be any compensation, just refunds at best.

I doubt there’ll be any compensation, just refunds at best.

If you buy anything on credit card in the UK then you have protection...even if you only pay the deposit using your credit card...S75 (Consumer Credit Act 1974) claim...not time limited....if you purchase using a debit card, you might get a refund but it is time limited...120 days I believe....zero protection with BTs.

Always use a credit card...you never know when a company is going to go 'bust'.

<moderating>

I’ve removed some potentially libellous content. I really don’t want to be dragged into anything here. Please only post direct personal experience, not speculation etc. This kind of thing is far beyond the intended scope of this website.

I doubt it!
Sec 75 protection in the U.K. is pretty solid.

If you buy anything on credit card in the UK then you have protection...even if you only pay the deposit using your credit card...S75 (Consumer Credit Act 1974) claim...not time limited....if you purchase using a debit card, you might get a refund but it is time limited...120 days I believe....zero protection with BTs.

Always use a credit card...you never know when a company is going to go 'bust'.
£100 to £10,000 only for that to apply.
Less than £100 or more than £10K Sec 75 does not apply.

advertisement

Back