advertisement

Whisky II

My guess is the Pot Still in the Wej (you just in ahead of me, GT). Only 250L from a Sherry hogshead? Seems a bit on the smaller side?

Grand. These new distilleries bode well for the future. Currently supping a young Cotswolds to prepare the palate whilst a MoM Craigellachie 11yo cask strength opens up. Slainte
Love Cotswolds. Along with St. George’s the best of the English distilleries IME, although Adnams is fun too.

Aquavitae Roy's on Raasay:
https://www.youtube.com/live/wBbqu0WUr8o?feature=share
Epic weather.
Wish we'd got there when we were on Skye...next time.

When we were on Skye last year we didn't do the distillery tour but did nip over to Raasay to visit the distillery and buy a couple of bottles. It really is a lovely spot and, as the distillery is very close to where the ferry comes in, can be done as a foot passenger.

This was the view from just in from of the distillery:
173060452.HDNbPyoM.sk204.jpg

Looks stunning. Had a wee drop at a tasting and was impressed. The wife certainly loves their gin.....or at least their bottles, judging by how many empties are knocking around here with tealights inside

Looks stunning. Had a wee drop at a tasting and was impressed. The wife certainly loves their gin.....or at least their bottles, judging by how many empties are knocking around here with tealights inside

I've got 2 bottles of their whisky but haven't opened either yet (one of them was from the first release which I got via a ballot and will be keeping) and haven't tried the gin either, although I bought my daughter a bottle and she's reported that it's very good.

There was a tasting just about to start when we were there, so I grabbed a pic of the set-up:
173060450.ZQuAJNq6.sk202.jpg

The distillery is lovely and I think I read that they have rooms and do food now so you can stay overnight:
173060451.RoKluP1J.sk203.jpg

There are some nice walks from near the distillery as well, which Ludo enjoyed (I think Raasay is about his 11th or 12th Hebridean Island he's visited):
173060454.RPpe8jSB.sk206.jpg

Lovely views from the short ferry crossing as well:
173060457.4hO5G8CW.sk209.jpg

Loch Lomond Distillery Edition Two is now available:
https://www.lochlomondwhiskies.com/products/distillery-edition-two

Just taken the plunge on this, sounded interesting- my first Loch Lomond. I’ve always been wary of this distillery due to its bewildering array of distillation methods and expressions. A bit like those takeaways that sell pizzas, kebabs and curries; none of which are particularly good compared to places that only do either curry or pizza.

advertisement

Back