advertisement

pvcVNHC.jpg
Beautiful speakers. Would love to hear a pair

9758-C75-C-1710-45-C2-898-E-C9745-AF0-FB8-E.jpg

Welcome to 2023 everyone, this is where I am, still enjoying active Geithain RL901K’s,
Garrard 401/Jelco12”/ZuDenon103, KR Audio P135 Pre/MC Phono, Ayon S10-MkII DacStreamer, Sparkler CDP, Running Springs ‘Jaco’ 4x power plant, Tri Art stand on Iroko board/spiked (shopfitting type) 4legged table making the rig toddler grandchild proof, especially the t/t at my head level.
Tascam 34 R2R off camera (not sure what to do with it)………..

PS Project: have aquired 3x Tannoy Legacy Cheviot cabs, 2x Legacy Cheviot Drivers and just this week some tasty Clarity ESA based crossovers x2 which I’m going to house in some nice boxes as external XO’s and see whatsup. I’ve got a Quad 306 bought on here last year which I can use via the Ayon as pre with current sources initially just to try out the LegChevClarityXO jobbies. Shootout with the actives? Not looking for better or worse, can’t imagine anything sounding better than the current setup, but could I live with a different system if push became shove, like a house move etc? If good I might be encouraged to experiment with integrated or maybe power amps. Something to experiment with anyway, in the meantime I’m at the apex of a 45yr Hifi trip which is sounding niiiice :cool:.

Last edited:
How do the amps compare?

Have been swapping between them for the last month now. Keep coming back to the Rega, just find it a more enjoyable listen, dare I quote the Hi-Fi’ism, ‘more musical’ for me. Stage width and depth also better.

Had a 3010S2D a while back and loved it but have to say the Elex-R has it bettered, with my ears, my room etc… Some will disagree but the Elex-R is a class act.

advertisement

Back