advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XXIV

More than 10,000 ambulances a week are caught in queues of at least an hour outside accident-and-emergency units in England, a BBC News analysis shows.

The total - the highest since records began, in 2010 - means one in eight crews faced delays on this scale by mid-November.

Paramedics warned the problems were causing patients severe harm.

One family told BBC News an 85-year-old woman with a broken hip had waited 40 hours before a hospital admission.

She waited an "agonising" 14 hours for the ambulance to arrive and then 26 in the ambulance outside hospital.

When finally admitted, to the Royal Cornwall Hospital, which has apologised for her care, she had surgery.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-63808516
While the rich and ruling classes in this country have their private GPs and healthcare they are systematically destroying our NHS, and people who would normally have survived are dying as a consequence. It's not a good time to become unwell is it?

Former vaccines chief sounds warning about UK pandemic readiness
Kate Bingham raises concerns to committee of MPs as head of UKHSA suggests Covid could be on rise again

"...speaking to a joint session of the Commons health and social care committee and the science and technology committee, about lessons learned during the pandemic, Bingham said many of the initiatives set up by the taskforce had been dismantled, while key recommendations it had provided had not been acted upon."

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ef-sounds-warning-about-uk-pandemic-readiness

Hospitalisations have ticked up sharply this week (as feared) 639 28/11 vs 503 last week. That's nearly 30%

and the Zoe update (6.20). Cases now beginning to increase shopping, World Cup etc. A huge increase in colds and flu cases growing too.

Two colleagues currently felled by a nasty bug, but testing negative so not Covid. Mrs P-T had something similar last week, again, tested negative throughout (she's NHS, so tests were done properly).

Two colleagues currently felled by a nasty bug, but testing negative so not Covid. Mrs P-T had something similar last week, again, tested negative throughout (she's NHS, so tests were done properly).

We're all full of cold here, it's a bit of a nasty bug certainly. We've used up a pack of tests between us to fairly confident that's what it is. We know the Amazon, Speedychecks, test kits work for the real (recent) thing...

Very similar here. Mrs IanW has gone down with a nasty bug, with exactly the same symptoms as when she had Covid a month or so ago. But this time she has tested -ve throughout, whereas last time she tested positive.

A lot of nasty chest infections round here putting people in bed for a few days. Some family members have been put on antibiotics.

My Covid turned into a non Covid chest infection. So, I've basically been ill for more than 5 weeks.

My wife who didn't catch covid from me has now got the chest infection. It's a really nasty one.

More than 10,000 ambulances a week are caught in queues of at least an hour outside accident-and-emergency units in England, a BBC News analysis shows.

The total - the highest since records began, in 2010 - means one in eight crews faced delays on this scale by mid-November.

Paramedics warned the problems were causing patients severe harm.

One family told BBC News an 85-year-old woman with a broken hip had waited 40 hours before a hospital admission.

She waited an "agonising" 14 hours for the ambulance to arrive and then 26 in the ambulance outside hospital.

When finally admitted, to the Royal Cornwall Hospital, which has apologised for her care, she had surgery.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-63808516

Given the reduction in NHS beds it's no wonder the ambulances are queueing.
https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/publications/nhs-hospital-bed-numbers

Given the reduction in NHS beds it's no wonder the ambulances are queueing.

That's the point isn't it - these were ongoing issues that have since been put to the shit-fan interface. When I came out of hospital in 2015 the community services had already been cut - in my case care from 16 weeks to 6 or something, there's probably nothing now, keeping folks in hospital. These public school social losers don't care...

Today is the day I start my new job and guess what? We’ve both tested positive for Covid :eek: Jean started feeling rough on Saturday and we thought it was the start of a bad cold. She had a Covid test Thursday afternoon at work and that was negative. This morning she just didn’t look well enough to go to work so I asked her to do another and it came up positive. We always do them together at home and mine came up positive too. I can’t put into words how I feel but it’s like every day is another mountain to climb and at 68 I’m just getting too old and tired for all this crap :mad:

Today is the day I start my new job and guess what? We’ve both tested positive for Covid :eek: Jean started feeling rough on Saturday and we thought it was the start of a bad cold. She had a Covid test Thursday afternoon at work and that was negative. This morning she just didn’t look well enough to go to work so I asked her to do another and it came up positive. We always do them together at home and mine came up positive too. I can’t put into words how I feel but it’s like every day is another mountain to climb and at 68 I’m just getting too old and tired for all this crap :mad:
Hope you're both OK mate and you enjoy your new job.

Thanks Brian. I’ve worked for this company before so I already know most of the people there and I gave my new boss a call this morning to explain the situation. There’s no way I’ll go into work or anywhere else for that matter knowing I have Covid. Even if Jean had only had a heavy cold I’d have kept her off work. Were lucky I suppose that we can afford to think of others and do the right thing.

advertisement

Back