advertisement

The Premiership ofLiz Truss. Sept 2022-Oct 2022. New PM time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Martin thoughts I think are probably being echoed around Europe. The Tories and Brexit coupled with everything else that is going on has rightly finished off the Tories. Get Labour in as quickly as possible and hopefully get some stability. I would personally prefer a coalition to push Labour along the road of PR but at the moment it looks like they will get at least as large a majority as the Tories did last time out. I take no pleasure at the state of UK politics, as we are more than likely facing Sinn Fein in the next government. Never a dull moment these days!

Arriving at a European Union summit, Mr Martin said that stability is "very important and we would like to see the UK system within its capacity to have a successor selected as quickly as possible and that stability would be brought to the situation, given the fairly significant geopolitical issues facing Europe".

"On a personal, level I sympathise with her. I think it's been a very difficult time for the British prime minister, given all that has happened."

Some fancied runners in the chinless wonder handicap, a moot exercise taking place at Sunny Uplands.

Breeches boy Rishi

The Hunt for Dread October

The Shappshifter…

Genelec 22/19 committee

Coconut Gove

Mordant Twit

Kwashiorkor

NO-WAY-WHOA-WAY - currently away playing Gollum at Cleethopes repertory

Priti Vacant - quarantined due to a very bad case of distemper

Nihiliz (knackered, no longer stabled, out to grass, whip withdrawn etc.)

Late bulletin: The 4 horsemen of the apocalypse, all from the JRM stud, have pulled out claiming that some of the other runners have hijacked their mandate.

It bears repeating... but if only Ed Milliband had eaten a bacon sandwich normally...
Or Gordon Brown had remembered he was still wearing a mic…

I’ve just received an email asking if I will do my stint as PM on November 10th between 11 and 3. I think it’s like jury service - quite difficult to get out of.

I liked this headline from the Belfast Telegraph:

We underestimated Liz Truss… we underestimated how awful she would be as PM

Bozo left in disgrace and with his poll ratings completely tanking. They won't bring him back, they're not that stupid. Well, some of them are, but not enough of them to actually do it. It'll be someone relatively untainted by the recent shitshow - Penny Mordaunt, Ben Wallace maybe. Perhaps Rishi Sunak, but I doubt it, the right hate him too much despite him being ideologically on the right, and his communication skills and charisma are largely a mystery to anyone outside the Tory membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back