advertisement

The Premiership of Mary Elizabeth Truss.Sept 2022 - Oct 2022

Truss is now a genuine risk to the global financial system...

Astonishing to see the gulf between the consequence of her actions and the odd, awkward, hopelessly incompetent person we heard on local radio this morning.

The problem is that she and her crew genuinely have no idea what their actions are doing back in mere reality. They live in a cartoon dreamland.

This is far worse than I ever imagined. OK, Tories being Tory I can understand but to deliberately crash the markets & our financial credibility?

Cameron & Osborne are looking godlike at the moment, halcyon days.

Ultimately you have to play ball with the markets, they need to know you have a plan even if they don’t agree with it.

Surely a better course would have been to keep the top rate & increase the 40p threshold? That makes Tory sense, this is just madness.
A better course of action would’ve been to use the borrowing to fund wage rises to close the gap on prices and thus tackle inflation.

Any government money spent would then be spent back into the economy and might actually stimulate growth.

The Tory plan was to take money out of the economy and encourage more inflation. Beyond stupid.

Andrew Bridgen talking complete and utter bollocks on Politics Live and trying to blame the BoE for the current situation.
Some financier..Shankar? talking in code about 'distortions', 'insertion companies' nd other deliberate obfuscatory shite. Even after being asked to speak in plain English he continued with the same shite. None of the Tories even acknowledging the pain being caused.

Honestly, the more I hear these radio interviews, it’s like listening to a wounded animal when being shot would be the kindest thing to do.

Andrew Bridgen talking complete and utter bollocks on Politics Live and trying to blame the BoE for the current situation.
Some financier..Shankar? talking in code about 'distortions', 'insertion companies' nd other deliberate obfuscatory shite. Even after being asked to speak in plain English he continued with the same shite. None of the Tories even acknowledging the pain being caused.
Radio 4 World at One has just played a bit of a roundup of the morning's local media interviews. One thing that stuck out for me was Truss' repeated reference to 'the independent Bank of England'. It seems clear to me that the Tories are preparing to throw the BoE under the bus in order to defend their position.

Simple question to a complex situation.

Are all pensions screwed? I got my pension quote a few months ago and just asked for another. Expecting the worst.

Honestly, the more I hear these radio interviews, it’s like listening to a wounded animal when being shot would be the kindest thing to do.

Oh, I've just taken some time to listen to the interviews...Holy Cow she's toast!

She can't even do that Politician trick of speaking when you have nothing really to say to cover the awkward pauses...

Truss spent her entire leadership campaign droning on about tax cuts and barely acknowledging the energy and cost of living crises.
Now she won't talk about the tax cuts and keeps droning on about the support package.

As someone observed. She'd be out of her depth on a damp pavement...

Oh, I've just taken some time to listen to the interviews...Holy Cow she's toast!

She can't even do that Politician trick of speaking when you have nothing really to say to cover the awkward pauses...

And she hasn't even done 'Deflection 101'.

What happened to:

'What's important here is ..'
'What you should really be asking me...'
'Look...the point is.. '

Though to her credit..she did manage to slip in 'difficult decisions'....which we all know means. 'screwing the poor'.

advertisement

Back