advertisement

The Premiership of Mary Elizabeth Truss.Sept 2022 - Oct 2022

It's looking less likely but I still wouldn't rule out all of this being normalised in a month's time. We have normalised a lot of very bad Tory shit. So much that I've become sceptical there's any limit at all to what they can get away with.
I think it's more that the 'big boys' (IMF, US) won't let them get away with this sort of thing for long. (Ordinary British voters can safely be ignored obvs).

Letters going in allegedly, package not voted on in the HoC which doesn't sit for a while. What chance it gets voted down? Then VoC.

Letters going in allegedly, package not voted on in the HoC which doesn't sit for a while. What chance it gets voted down? Then VoC.

Apparently there is some clause in the archaic 1922 Committee rules stating there has to be 12 months before the next challenge. The only way to get rid of Truss is likely a parliamentary VONC and a general election. Tories will always put their place at the trough above national interest so this is highly unlikely.

I'll ask again the questions, genuine questions, not snide ones, which are really bugging me, and none of the pundits here or elsewhere have addressed. Why do we have to wait till Nov 23 for the plan? Why not publish now and remove some of the uncertainty? Why is the Government being so coy? What is supposed to happen over the next two months to make it necessary to keep everyone in the dark?

Maybe something really, really shit will happen by November 23rd that will make us all feel the need to comply with austerity, and anything this government tells us to do, in order to save our souls?

I mean, we have just had a 10-day, 24hr rolling funeral and costume party for an old, magical woman with a golden hat and 6 billion acres of land. We have demonstrated that we will comply with any old shit if the right buttons are pushed.

Apparently there is some clause in the archaic 1922 Committee rules stating there has to be 12 months before the next challenge. The only way to get rid of Truss is likely a parliamentary VONC and a general election. Tories will always put their place at the trough above national interest so this is highly unlikely.

It's a bit like Supermarket Sweep; "Liz, Kwasi. Here are your trolleys. You have 12 months to loot the UK and sell it to your American pals. Go! "

This is beginning to remind me of the glory days of the ‘Tory Government About To Implode’ thread from a few years back. Page after page of ‘it’s coming…’, ‘any second now…’ ‘Corbyn is about to plunge the dagger in…’ ‘it’s just round the corner…’ - oh.

FWIW you can get 20/1 on Kwateng being the next minister to leave (see oddschecker). I’d take a tenner on that if I could be bothered to register on this kind of site.

I remember when we were all complaining it was the ERG pulling the strings in the Tory Party, now it would appear to be the British wing of QAnon

What does the fixed term parliament act say about calling elections anyway?

Based on what we have seen so far, my guess is that Truss & Kwarteng's next party trick will trigger a widespread financial collapse of banks and financial institutions in the City of London that spreads worldwide, devastating the world's financial system. Again, based on what we have seen so far, will probably happen next week.

One Tory MP: "It is actually incredible that the UK central bank has had to step in to protect the UK from the actions of the UK's own government! I mean, just think of that for a moment! A humiliation https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1575073764572008448

Within a few weeks they have killed the Queen, laughed at her funeral, trashed the pound and plunged the country into a financial crisis.

I reckon a Government collapse and general election could be on the cards soon.

Brexit-level competence.

advertisement

Back