advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Utterly bonkers Fiat 126 at Sleaford Classic Car & Bike Show today. Fitted with Honda Blackbird engine, quick-shifter gear change & race/rally prepared. Gorgeous little thing, I'll bet it's a riot to drive.

Mad 126 by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Nikon D3s/Nikkor 24-70 2.8G

Insane! being so narrow and with such a short wheelbase I bet that is a very twitchy ride :D Reckon I'd need a set of wheels on the roof!

Insane! being so narrow and with such a short wheelbase I bet that is a very twitchy ride :D Reckon I'd need a set of wheels on the roof!

Totally! :)

The work they've put into it is fabulous, so much attention to detail, it's fully road/race-legal. Rose-jointed linkages all round, the engine is positioned amidships and sits in a flexible mount. The standard Blackbird engine runs dual balancer shafts so will be nice and smooth and is pretty much bombproof. My own Honda Blackbird had covered just shy of 100k miles when I sold it, still ran like a Swiss watch and used no oil. A healthy one will knock out 150bhp at the rear wheel on the bike (mine was 152 with Stage 1 Dynojet) so with this tiny Fiat weighing in at around 450kg it'll be a scream to drive.

126 Blackbird by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

D3s/24-70 2.8G

IMG-3889.jpg

Tom and his Radiotherapy mask

Tom McFarlane by Pete, on Flickr

I've been taking photos of Tom since 1986 and usually do a portrait of him whenever I'm in Edinburgh. He was diagnosed with Throat cancer 5 years ago. The one period when I was there and didn't photograph him was when he was undergoing treatment. This was taken in February 20i8 some time after he had completed his radiotherapy course. The whole thing was pretty tough to say the least and the treatment itself has had longlasting effects. He was gratified that he was able to grow back his beard, having been told he most likely wouldn't be able to, as it felt like a significant part of his identity.

He's currently fundraising for cancer research, if anyone would like to make a small contribution the link is : https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/page/toms-cancer-research-uk-fundraiser-page

From last month - another performance at the South Bank by the dance company my neice is tour managing. She'll back on the road in a couple of weeks, starting with Dusseldorf. Some dates in Canada follow, not sure where else but culminating with a run in Paris from mid December to 5th Jan. ( She was a bit gutted to miss out on the date in Réunion)

Contemporary Dance II by Pete, on Flickr

another
Contemporary Dance II by Pete, on Flickr

It was 30C plus that day and that black surface they were performing on was baking, this performance lasted about 40 minutes. When I tried to catch up with Becca at the end she'd disappeared. Turned out she was organising first aid for one of the dancers,who had worn holes in the socks she was dancing in and burnt her foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back