advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect (2022 remastered edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And one more, with input from Ivan Rogers who certainly has a grip on all things Brexit:

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...at-risk-says-former-british-envoy-ivan-rogers

That's an excellent article. Nail on head there. I wish he was the Prime Minister.

Some of the highlights for me. He must be a 'hard' remainer which means his view is fake news

'Rogers has argued that the Northern Ireland protocol and “thin” EU-UK trade deal are unlikely to last long. Nor does he think Britain will rejoin the EU, which he argues “would be inconceivable for any political party with aspirations to win in the UK”

“Let’s not delude ourselves: it will continue to be bumpy, conflictual, tortuous. It may well get rougher in the coming months, essentially because of the narcissistic politics of self-preservation which will continue to dominate in the UK.”

In a characteristic no-holds-barred passage, he says that “the emptiness, the incompetence, the chicanery, the charlatanry, the egregious bad faith in trumpeting and marketing deals as huge triumphs” from the UK side made it easy for European elites not to think seriously about the “British question”.

I’m not a great fan of the shinners but Mary Lou is effective here, you may not agree with her pov, but she’s able to get it across w/o waffle and piffle.

https://twitter.com/joeedwyer/status/15359
08127870181377?s=21

Taking 2:15 continuous unchallenged air time off Sky is also an impressive feat!

Good luck to anyone trying to stop Mary Lou in full flow but everything she outlines in that interview is correct. I noticed in the comments some idiot suggested the opposite.
The UK electorate particularly England have got the government they voted for regardless of gerrymandering. You can see the Tory supporters in little old PFM and how they can put their fingers in their ears and pinch their noses with regard to the actions of Johnson and his cronies. You have to feel that beneath it all this is the style of government they want.
Until you somehow manage to change that mindset the die is cast and the acting will remain the same.

Good luck to anyone trying to stop Mary Lou in full flow but everything she outlines in that interview is correct. I noticed in the comments some idiot suggested the opposite.
The UK electorate particularly England have got the government they voted for regardless of gerrymandering. You can see the Tory supporters in little old PFM and how they can put their fingers in their ears and pinch their noses with regard to the actions of Johnson and his cronies. You have to feel that beneath it all this is the style of government they want.
Until you somehow manage to change that mindset the die is cast and the acting will remain the same.
There was a guy in Devon telling her the majority in N.Ireland wanted to be free from the EU and tear up the protocol. It’s amazing the sh*te these DM readers come out with. I think about 40 people from actual Ireland had to correct him and that’s excluding the “these other 200 comments may cause offence if you open them”. The Johnson government is using the people of Northern Ireland as a weapon to get back at the EU and rally the faithful while Britain goes down the pan at their hands. The moment of truth is approaching when they come out with their plan this week.

I don’t see many who have admitted to being tory supporters in little old pfm. A few and that’s about it. However, I do see a fairly large number who say they don’t support the tories but seem happy enough with them winning GEs. You could say they have their fingers in their ears and also blinkers full on.

There was a guy in Devon telling her the majority in N.Ireland wanted to be free from the EU and tear up the protocol. It’s amazing the sh*te these DM readers come out with. I think about 40 people from actual Ireland had to correct him and that’s excluding the “these other 200 comments may cause offence if you open them”. The Johnson government is using the people of Northern Ireland as a weapon to get back at the EU and rally the faithful while Britain goes down the pan at their hands. The moment of truth is approaching when they come out with their plan this week.

Ah well just one more sleep before Brandon drops his trousers and surprises us all. Meanwhile Mary Lou suggests he is talking through his hat and Neale Redmond who has been excellent on all things Brexity advises 'Utter nonsense' and in reply to some gibberish issued by Liz Brush ' A good friend is an honest friend' Alien words to the cess pit Tories.

I read that David Davis said on today's Andrew Neil Show that the reason Brexit is going badly is because we had a "Remainer's Brexit".

:D

"Thick as mince, lazy as a toad and vain as Narcissus," as Cummings said.

And to think they handed him the role of chief negotiator.

I read that David Davis said on today's Andrew Neil Show that the reason Brexit is going badly is because we had a "Remainer's Brexit".

:D

"Thick as mince, lazy as a toad and vain as Narcissus," as Cummings said.

And to think they handed him the role of chief negotiator.
I think putting in place the likes of “SAS he’ll show ‘em Davis”, excessively sweating Raaab and the dunderhead who’s now Boris’s quaintly describe “Downing St Chief of Staff”( who voted against his own ministerial advice on Brexit) has to be some kind of Dadaist gesture politics.

It says to Europe “We’re stupid and we don’t care” in a manner even the Pistols could not have conceived.

I made the mistake of not turning the TV off between the C4 News and the F1 highlights. Two thoroughly discredited and irrelevant old Tory stooges blathering for half an hour without actually saying anything or addressing any issue. Then at the very end they brought a couple of Tory press types in to discuss what hadn’t been said. It was just comedically bad. A half-hour echo chamber for slightly disgruntled but absolutely not reformed career Tories to carry on Torying. Any remote hint of journalistic credibility Andrew Neil may once have had evaporated long before he left the BBC. Since GB News he is an absolute joke. The Bobby Chariot of journalism. Davis even praised Frost on his Brexit negotiating skills! WTAF?! By saying that being David Davis he’ll have been way too lazy to even glance at the detail.

It is almost funny that so many Brexiteers have an excess of national pride and English exceptionalism, while the process and implementation of Brexit does more damage to the UK than anything for decades.

It is almost funny that so many Brexiteers have an excess of national pride and English exceptionalism, while the process and implementation of Brexit does more damage to the UK than anything for decades.

I suggested in the daily express comments section that nationalism and patriotic pride should be consigned to the bin of history along with slavery.

Some of the replies were quite rude, but I persevere with occasional comments there to point out story inaccuracies when I have an idle moment.

I can see the headline, “Minette Batters Johnson”.

The prime minister is being shown how to look under the leaves, select the ready courgettes, twist and turn the vegetables and place them in crates at the back of a tractor moving slowly across the field.

“Beautiful shiny courgettes,” he exclaimed.

“They’re very prolific, aren’t they?”

The prime minister was told to pick up the speed as he picked courgettes alongside a dozen farm workers.

Wearing a high-vis vest, Johnson chatted to the workers as he was shown how to pick the vegetables.

After they told him they hailed from Tajikistan, Bulgaria, Lithuania and were speaking Russian, Johnson asked what the Russian word for courgette is.

After he picked several vegetables, the farm worker showing him the ropes said: “Once you get used to it you can go a little faster.”

Johnson drove a tractor slowly over a courgette field and was shown a modern vegetable planting machine on a Cornwall farm.

The prime minister got into the cab and was shown how to operate the vehicle, moving it very slowly forward as courgette pickers followed behind, sorting the vegetables into crates at the back.

The farmer then showed Johnson a machine capable of planting 150,000 plants a day, saying it is much more efficient than traditional planting techniques.

“So you can plant a lot of cabbage,” the prime minister said, describing it as “unbelievable” and “fantastic”.

He said his grandmother used to grow prize pumpkins, adding that some “exploded”.

That's an excellent article. Nail on head there. I wish he was the Prime Minister.

Some of the highlights for me. He must be a 'hard' remainer which means his view is fake news

'Rogers has argued that the Northern Ireland protocol and “thin” EU-UK trade deal are unlikely to last long. Nor does he think Britain will rejoin the EU, which he argues “would be inconceivable for any political party with aspirations to win in the UK”

“Let’s not delude ourselves: it will continue to be bumpy, conflictual, tortuous. It may well get rougher in the coming months, essentially because of the narcissistic politics of self-preservation which will continue to dominate in the UK.”

In a characteristic no-holds-barred passage, he says that “the emptiness, the incompetence, the chicanery, the charlatanry, the egregious bad faith in trumpeting and marketing deals as huge triumphs” from the UK side made it easy for European elites not to think seriously about the “British question”.

There are some decent YouTubes of him discussing Brexit. Brexit: what next? is very informative.

Remember when is was all Jean-Claude Juncker this and and Jean-Claude Juncker that and then there was your van Rompouy and your Jacques Delors, all bête noires of the Brit newspapers and Tory commentators? Spawned a legion of puns and risqué double entendres (because they couldn’t pronounce their names) with them forcing their straight bananas on us and labels on packets of nuts warning us they “may contain nuts”.

The end of the pier comedy has now given way to recrimination and the dawning realisation among the public that they’ve been had, not by Europe but by Boris, the ERG simpletons, Truss/Raab/Kwarteng/Patel Unchained and the other shills.

Any remote hint of journalistic credibility Andrew Neil may once have had evaporated long before he left the BBC.

He's always been a deeply unpleasant man.

Andrew Neil, editor of the Sunday Times and a supporter of the heterosexual 'myth', has said there is an unholy alliance between gay activists wanting to ensure Aids is not classed as a gay plague, and the 'moral majority' who want to fight promiscuity. 'Never in the history of public health policy have so many lies and distortions been told about a disease than Aids. It's resulted in a massive misallocation of resources,' he said recently. 'You have more of a chance to get run over by a car on the way to see your girlfriend than you have of contracting Aids from them.'

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ot-a-virus-is-to-blame-corrected-2324114.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back