advertisement

Yellow Porsche..!!

Cool choice, IMS-stress free motoring!

Yes, the 996 Mezger still has an IMS but it's a GT1 race engine derived block and the oiling ensures the IMS bearing is always lubricated.

Lovely sound inside and outside the car. Alot of air cooled feel still there in the DNA

Very nice indeed, find yourself some open b-roads in the highlands and let that engine howl, Manthey are the Porsche gods.

Andy- that’s stunning and I thought my RS7 was the dogs B’s - enjoy Sir

Thanks, she's not a fast car by today's standards but a super playful chassis and it's a nimble narrow bodied thing.

It wasn't on the open market. Word of mouth car.

Manthey rip out the airbox and MAF and just leave a BMC Cup filter straight into the induction system. You can hear it sucking air even at idle. Above 5k, the Induction roar thru that carbon fibre air guide is pretty mental.

5Kwy3Ia.jpeg

Haven't got a shot of my exhaust up on the racks yet but it looks like this (M&M make them for Manthey)

4SqCqiq.jpeg

Good call on the stealth fast car - much less likely to catch the attention of the Rozzers.
Looks very nice.

One of the best colours for a 911 IMO. Looks especially good on your car Andy.
You will now have to park far away to avoid the 'throw the door open brigade'.
What year is it ?

Nice!

When I was young in the 1970's all cars where either yellow, red, green or blue. Even my dads VW type 3 estate was yellow. Now all cars are some kind of grey (even my Bockxster (they call it black)). Very boring!

One of the best colours for a 911 IMO. Looks especially good on your car Andy.
You will now have to park far away to avoid the 'throw the door open brigade'.
What year is it ?

She's a '99 so first year of GT3 production. These weren't even sold in America as it was released purely as a FIA Homologation car and the run was to be limited. It's a Roland Kussmaul era Porsche and apparently he was told that he could oversee as long as he made sure he didn't... "damage the Porsche brand" (seriously).

America can start importing them in 2024 under their 25 year exemption rule.

It's got a good history. One owner had it 12 years from 2003 to 2015 and I'm in contact with him and the subsequent ones. It's been tracked as it was designed for :)

Last edited:
I haven't got any solid fly by videos of mine yet but here's a 996.1 Manthey fully lit...

I thought it most considerate when he indicated going round the bend at 39 seconds in. They disable that on the road car.

Good call on the stealth fast car - much less likely to catch the attention of the Rozzers.
Looks very nice.
A bright yellow 911 with a massive spoiler and an induction roar bellowing in harmony with a sports exhausts is indeed a stealth car lol.

When I was young in the 1970's all cars where either yellow, red, green or blue.

Red always used to be an expensive colour option. Something to do with it being costly to formulate and apply something that wouldn't oxidise to pink after a week in the sun.

A bright yellow 911 with a massive spoiler and an induction roar bellowing in harmony with a sports exhausts is indeed a stealth car lol.

It's actually pretty docile on a cruise below 3,000rpm...well until you pull up at the lights and it idles sounding like a Skeleton in a blender due to the single mass flywheel and lack of MAF sensor :)

advertisement

Back